Calling All '05 Commemorative Editions

98intrigue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the perfect weather to be out enjoying your vert! Contgrats on the delivery. I have KWs, wheels, Belanger headers, and K&N intake if you are interested in adding anything.

Derek Short

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I really need to get out and do a walk around start up video etc.... Of mine.

I wanted to keep my 05' CE simple and clean yet still very nice and tasteful. This tue. If I have time I will do that.
I had my local stereo shop hook up a iPod set up on my factory unit so I can keep it stock looking. Also went all out as much as I could with the speakers etc.... Ill explain more in the video. I only went with a car-back corsa exhaust because stock is way to quiet. And I only wanted a lil more rumble to make it sound more like a viper should stock.

More info about mine soon to come!

And btw... I got the one in FL a few months back. ;)

OP
OP
Dale.Volz

Dale.Volz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A beautiful car, IDM. Congratulations and welcome to the wonderful world of CE ownership.

Going to straight side pipes and thereby eliminating the crossover will help cool the cabin. I have hi-flow cats with my Corsa system and don't suffer any obnoxious gas/exhaust fumes. However, beware: the original manifold pipes have a tendency to crack, spewing raw exhaust gases out the hood vents and into the ventilation intake. New manifold pipes or headers will solve the problem.

Regarding a shifter, I like my Hurst short-throw.

You must be registered for see images attach

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yanni, I fly in to Tampa tomorrow, stop by, I want to check out the car....looks good though

Derek Short

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've got a brand new hurst short shifter still in box with white hurst shift knob that I'm looking to sell. I was going to install it in my CE but decided to just leave it stock. If anyone is interested in it lmk...

Derek Short

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Some pics of my CE...

Derek Short

Viper Owner
Reaction score
not sure why the pics are not shown in full size and it makes u click the pic to see it full size.
maybe someone can help me figure out how to just make them a posted pic instead of having to click the pic.

more to come later on....
enjoy these for now.

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not sure why the pics are not shown in full size and it makes u click the pic to see it full size.
maybe someone can help me figure out how to just make them a posted pic instead of having to click the pic.

more to come later on....
enjoy these for now.

Derek your car is awesome. Funny how it was in clearwater 20 minutes away a few months ago and I had to get a car 21 hours away. How many miles were on it? Any how about the pictures, if you want them to show normally you have to upload them somewhere to a server or a photobucket type site and link them here through the image button (third from last). Your car looks perfect, are those ACR wheels?

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the perfect weather to be out enjoying your vert! Contgrats on the delivery. I have KWs, wheels, Belanger headers, and K&N intake if you are interested in adding anything.

What are KWs? I dont even know how to take the convertible off yet, havent had time to do anything but clean it really good and drive to work.

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yanni, I fly in to Tampa tomorrow, stop by, I want to check out the car....looks good though

I'll be back home Thanksgiving free from then on any time. Youre welcome to come over for lunch on thanksgiving too

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are a ton of threads about everything you are asking - do some searches and you will be reading for hours. For now, forget all that and just stare at it, drive it, contemplate your excellent purchase, stare at it some more, revel in the glory.

I did get an RB1, but I really just wanted in dash NAV. Everything else about it is not good. I have no intention of upgrading the sound system, as its an expensive route with limited gains unless you go nuts. Bluetooth - I haven't a suitable unit yet that plugs in to the CD Changer and gives the song info on the display... iSimple has some stuff.

I use the nav on my phone a lot so I prob wont mess with it except ipod hookup which I must have. Thats probably going to be my only mod. I was thinking of painting the calipers blue to match or getting some caliper covers if they make them but the red just looks too good I think and its needed. Trust me Ive been enjoying myself since Saturday, I went on a cruise sunday night with sister and put 50 miles on the car within the city, on some nice curvy backroads. Revel in the glory, I like that! It does feel amazing and I hope it doesnt wear off at all!!

Derek Short

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Derek your car is awesome. Funny how it was in clearwater 20 minutes away a few months ago and I had to get a car 21 hours away. How many miles were on it? Any how about the pictures, if you want them to show normally you have to upload them somewhere to a server or a photobucket type site and link them here through the image button (third from last). Your car looks perfect, are those ACR wheels?

car only had 2700 miles on it. i just turned over 4,400. yep im driving it and enjoying it! when u first get a nice car like a viper all you want to do is drive it. lol
i do have imageshack but was having issues with getting the pics to show it was only showing a link... maybe i will have to give it another try...

Derek Short

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I use the nav on my phone a lot so I prob wont mess with it except ipod hookup which I must have. Thats probably going to be my only mod. I was thinking of painting the calipers blue to match or getting some caliper covers if they make them but the red just looks too good I think and its needed. Trust me Ive been enjoying myself since Saturday, I went on a cruise sunday night with sister and put 50 miles on the car within the city, on some nice curvy backroads. Revel in the glory, I like that! It does feel amazing and I hope it doesnt wear off at all!!

when i do my walka round video of the car today ill be sure and show in the video the ipod hook up im running with the factory unit. I want to just keep this viper as my cruiser car and keep it simple yet classy and tasteful at the same time. only upgrades ive done to the car are.... cat-back corsa, the stock exhaust is wayyyy to quiet. this corsa cat-back is just enough to make it sound like a viper should when it comes from the factory. also got k and n air filter intake system, sidewinder wheels or acr wheels. same rim just the acr rims are all painted gloss black. got some super sport tires on the rims. throw away those run flat tires asap for those of u that have them! or sell off ur old tires and buy super sports! run flats are dangerous on a viper! and ive upgraded the stereo system on the car. all this will be covered in the walk around video. im currently waiting for my custom plate to come in and can't wait to get it! it will complete the car! other than that, that is probably all i will do to the car. i think the CE vipers hands down have the nicest interior! love the blue stitching!

98intrigue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are KWs? I dont even know how to take the convertible off yet, havent had time to do anything but clean it really good and drive to work.
KW V2 coilovers. I wish I could meet up with you and Krystian tonight...maybe I'll get to see your car this week.

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I managed to get the 2005 Commemorative SRT Brochure from the great Jon B. It was a long search!

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
when i do my walka round video of the car today ill be sure and show in the video the ipod hook up im running with the factory unit. I want to just keep this viper as my cruiser car and keep it simple yet classy and tasteful at the same time. only upgrades ive done to the car are.... cat-back corsa, the stock exhaust is wayyyy to quiet. this corsa cat-back is just enough to make it sound like a viper should when it comes from the factory. also got k and n air filter intake system, sidewinder wheels or acr wheels. same rim just the acr rims are all painted gloss black. got some super sport tires on the rims. throw away those run flat tires asap for those of u that have them! or sell off ur old tires and buy super sports! run flats are dangerous on a viper! and ive upgraded the stereo system on the car. all this will be covered in the walk around video. im currently waiting for my custom plate to come in and can't wait to get it! it will complete the car! other than that, that is probably all i will do to the car. i think the CE vipers hands down have the nicest interior! love the blue stitching!

Thanks a lot for the videos and info! How much difference did adding the AMP and changing speakers make? Did you feel any gains from the intake and catback?

Derek Short

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I managed to get the 2005 Commemorative SRT Brochure from the great Jon B. It was a long search!

very nice! i knew about the CE truck but not about the CE neon. very kool!

Derek Short

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the videos and info! How much difference did adding the AMP and changing speakers make? Did you feel any gains from the intake and catback?

no worries glad you like the videos.

i had very high end speakers installed in the front which are pretty much the main speakers seeing as the rears there is not much you can do with them as they are very small. with adding the nice audison front speakers and rear inifinity speakers as well as the amp to power the speakers i did notice a difference for sure. i like to listen to my music somewhat loud at times especially on the freeway with the top down u need to have it louder. with my new audio set up i was able to accomplish that. with the stock sound system when i would turn it up it would tend to get a little bit distorted and was not as clear as i would like.

as for the cat-back corsa exhaust and intake, i noticed a big difference in the sounds first off. the stock exhaust is embarrassing quite IMO. ITS a Viper for crying out loud! it needs to have a little rumble to it! IMO the corsa cat-back exhaust is how the viper should have sounded and been stock. tomorrow i am going to try and get the viper back out and do a drive video with the go-pro mounted to the side of the car facing toward the exhaust to help give you all a better idea of how it sounds under a load.
as far as noticeable performance with the cat-back and intake i did notice a little bit. it does free up some power and lets the engine breath more. i think once i have the car tuned and dialed in it will help it out a bit with gaining a little more power and have a better overall power curve to it.

on a side note to those of you who are still running those run flat tires toss them out and get a good pair of these badass Super Sport tires! they make the world of a difference!

check back soon for the go-pro ride along video of the corsa cat-back video.

Derek Short

Viper Owner
Reaction score
didn't have time today to get a video sound clip of the exhaust. next weekend i will for sure.

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Called Jon to place an order and when he saw I had a CE offered a brochure. Thanks for mentioning this. Jon was great to work with and says anyone with a CE that places a good sized order can get one until he runs out!

pdub

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you post up a pic of the knob, sounds cool. Yeah probably skip the nav then, want to see it first, but def. need a way to hook up ipod. My tires are like new so I will go through them first, not balling out of my mind to drop 2k on tires when these are perfect, but I agree when I do it will make the car feel new again. You will love the MGW shifter if you get one, Ive tried many short shifters on other cars and MGW is 4x better than the 2nd best. Its literally the perfect shifter and the guys who make it are good people. I noticed the excessive heat last night too, and it was 60 degrees and dark and windy out. That is not good but I'd bet its the cats that cause most of that and itll smell like gas if you get rid of them. Very nice keep me posted on your mods! I am still in shock or snake bit : )

Pretty good match to the CE!

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Pretty good match to the CE!

I'd say so, that is really neat! Thanks for posting for us

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3 more questions

Why didn't our car come with this color emblem that matches?
https://www.viperpartsofamerica.com...r-srt10-front-fascia-medallion-blue-uw3703baa

And does anyone have a nice license plate frame they can post a picture of? Unsure of what color to go with, black, white, silver, chrome etc.

How many 1996 commemorative editions were made? white with blue stripes, and why are 96 and 05 commemorative years? Any other years?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang