Calling All '05 Commemorative Editions

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am just about to hit 10,000 miles this weekend!
Put on 4000 miles in one year.

What mileage do you guys have and how much yearly?

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flexx91, keep that hood handy, one day I will want that....

When you did those stripes - at the cowl, are they the same exact width to start as the originals? I know they had to taper differently since the hood is so different.

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes sir I kept it and got the extended factory warranty. Now full warranty until Mid 2017 / 50k miles!

I need some 19&20" wheels if anyone has some for sale! And any other mods! That 08 hood sounds awesome Flexx!

It was easy not to sell, my car is mint and believe it or not the Viper buyers were no different than any other car buyers, not fun selling a car!

OP
OP
Dale.Volz

Dale.Volz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am just about to hit 10,000 miles this weekend!
Put on 4000 miles in one year.

What mileage do you guys have and how much yearly?

18,137 total miles of which 9,418 were added by me over the past 4 years and 10 months. That averages to 1,948.5 miles per year. If you're interested, I have burned 583 gallons of gas at a cost of $1,810. Average overall fuel economy has been 16.1 mpg with a best of 21.1 and worst of 9.9.

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Flexx91, keep that hood handy, one day I will want that....

When you did those stripes - at the cowl, are they the same exact width to start as the originals? I know they had to taper differently since the hood is so different.

Slight difference due to the raised section of the Gen IV hood but the taper and stripe widths are basically the same. I matched the exactly stripe dimensions supplied by Prefix. The paint process was also copied in that factory "lip/ridge" is present between the hood and the stripes wihich makes it feel and look like it was painted at the factory. Also. it has the full compliment of seals, hood scoop, vent screens and hood pad.

98intrigue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes sir I kept it and got the extended factory warranty. Now full warranty until Mid 2017 / 50k miles!

I need some 19&20" wheels if anyone has some for sale! And any other mods! That 08 hood sounds awesome Flexx!

It was easy not to sell, my car is mint and believe it or not the Viper buyers were no different than any other car buyers, not fun selling a car!

Yani,

I have a set of Belanger headers for sale if you're interested.

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
18,137 total miles of which 9,418 were added by me over the past 4 years and 10 months. That averages to 1,948.5 miles per year. If you're interested, I have burned 583 gallons of gas at a cost of $1,810. Average overall fuel economy has been 16.1 mpg with a best of 21.1 and worst of 9.9.

How are you averaging 16 mph? Is that with a lot of highway driving? I cant get more than 10 in the city driving the car mildly

OP
OP
Dale.Volz

Dale.Volz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How are you averaging 16 mph? Is that with a lot of highway driving? I cant get more than 10 in the city driving the car mildly

You are correct because I certainly don't baby it while driving. I too am surprised by the good mileage. We mostly use the CE for cruises with the Viper Club and other car clubs. Our last trip at the end of September, an overnight affair with the Cobra, Pantera, and Lotus clubs, was 560 miles of combined open road and twisty stuff in the mountains with 8000 feet of elevation gain.

Klaus

Viper Owner
Reaction score
#25 was imported from the US to Germany with a Salvaged Florida Title . Has only 4218 miles. VIN 1B3JZ65Z25V501830. What a shame.

Klaus

Viper Owner
Reaction score
#06 was recently for sale on ebay.ca (Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada) but didn't reach minimum price - max bid was CA$36.5K, minimum was CA$45. Has a damaged title (left front, left side) but is rebuild. 13Kmiles. Was in contact with the owner - nice guy - emailed me pics and history. I am still looking for a CE - but it have to be 100% clean :)

pdub

Enthusiast
Reaction score
#06 was recently for sale on ebay.ca (Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada) but didn't reach minimum price - max bid was CA$36.5K, minimum was CA$45. Has a damaged title (left front, left side) but is rebuild. 13Kmiles. Was in contact with the owner - nice guy - emailed me pics and history. I am still looking for a CE - but it have to be 100% clean :)

#81 is on ebay currently (in Arizona). #16 is in the classifieds here (CA). Both have around 7k miles.

Klaus

Viper Owner
Reaction score
#81 is on ebay currently (in Arizona). #16 is in the classifieds here (CA). Both have around 7k miles.

Jep - I'm aware - I'm in contact with Derek and following the auction on #81. It's listed at $49.999 a the AZ dealership (where its on consignment sale) and the current bid on ebay is 42K - I dont think it will hit $45K - witch proberly isn't enough braking the reserve barrier. If it isn't sold on ebay - I'll call them next week - seems to be a very clean car - just what I am looking for :)

Last edited:

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
#33 is a Hennessey Venom, and was just sold on eBay in about a day... but sold locally in Houston.

You must be registered for see images attach

Klaus

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Dave - "unfortunately" it does not come with the factory '05 CE hood and factory '05 Wheels - not that I dont like the '08 style nor the HRE's, I want to keep theese items, I just wanted theese factory parts to come along if possible.
I allready got a set of Wheels, but I would really like to get my hands on a factory '05 CE hood to come along in the container to Europe !
I hope one of the CE owners that have installled an '08 hood are willing to sell the factory one that fills up their garage . . . :)
I will be checking my PM constantly from now on . . . :)