Calling all KW Variant 2 owners!!

Izover4u

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just had my KW coilovers installed and was wondering what setting are you guys running for ride height and rebound? Car feels planted and solid:2tu:... But would like it to ride a little smoother on harsh roads. Are you guys running the rears as low as it can go? Seems to me that the fronts go lower than the rears... I want the drop the rear a tad bit more but I was told by Bill Sampagnaro this is as low as the rears will go?? Seems like other KW viper owners got their rears lower no??
Before
You must be registered for see images attach

After

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Izover4U, a word of caution on getting the rears too low, it's easy to tear up the inner-fenders. If too low you'll hit the them on on some bumps or dips in the road. (I tore them up completely on a road course). I bought a used set at $200 side, new is more than double.

Look at the installation instructions for the settings, but, remember the spring rates are much higher than stock. Your viper will handle better but they'll feel stiffer than stock.

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That car looks sick!!! I love white! I had KW Variant 2s on my car, but only for about 2 weeks because I had trouble with them. I would just run the rebound in the middle to start with.

OP
OP
I

Izover4u

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That car looks sick!!! I love white! I had KW Variant 2s on my car, but only for about 2 weeks because I had trouble with them. I would just run the rebound in the middle to start with.

Thanks!! Your rotors really added the pop to the car too:2tu: BTW: How did you get your rears so low when you had the KWs?

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks!! Your rotors really added the pop to the car too:2tu: BTW: How did you get your rears so low when you had the KWs?

Thanks! the rotors look amazing on your car! I love how they fill up the inside of your wheels so well.

I had my rear spring perchs so low i think a few threads on the perch was off a few on the shock. Its not a good idea though. Also, My wheels were larger then yours, which just gives the illusion of it being lower i think..

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't have the kw's , however, my car is pretty low and the handling is great with the moton's( 20's all the way around)
alexis_324.jpg

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you go too low it will cause problems. The car looks great lowered all the way down, but will not handle well and will rub the fender liners and quarter panels. KW gives a maximum lowering measurement, same with the new ACR. If you want the car to handle well and not bottom out, go with the provided info. I have learned this with track cars, what seems good on the street will cause rubbing and poor shock performance when running hard (even in the canyons). A balanced setup is what it is all about.

DII

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I meant to post in this thread a while ago, but I had to change my password.

Here's my car with the KW's lowered to the max, and NITTO INVO 345/25-20 (these are pretty square tires, sidewall wise)

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
I

Izover4u

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I meant to post in this thread a while ago, but I had to change my password.

Here's my car with the KW's lowered to the max, and NITTO INVO 345/25-20 (these are pretty square tires, sidewall wise)

Car looks Great!:2tu: What did you set your rebound too?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
DII, Izover, looking GOOD ! I recall DII is a car-show car for the business, not for track use? And Izover occasional? Like Dan sez, too much COOL on track means less grip and handling, and you might bust sumpthin. YES, all KW-V2 are rebound and ride-height adjustable, and downright economical vs others............

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper