Calling all Snake drivers: How tall are you, and do you have enough room???

thebadbat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im 6'5", so i was just wondering how much room Im going to have!!! Thanks all!!
BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif

BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif

RC Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you will be quite happy with the headroom assuming you
are getting a GTS. I am 6'4" and have enough room. If you plan to put the car on the track this may not be true. I installed a
seat lowering kit in my '97 GTS to allow me to wear a helmet. The kits come in two sizes. The 1 inch lowering kit still allows
the seat to be adjusted for shorter drivers. You just replace the under the seat mechanism. The 2 inch lowering kit actually
bolts the seat to the floor. Not the best plan if your significant other is not the same height. The gas, clutch, and brake pedals also adjust to make you more comfortable in the cockpit.

OP
OP
T

thebadbat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome!!! Thanks RC!!! Thanks for your help!!
cool.gif

Take it easy, and , enjoy your height! ;)

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im 5 foot 8 inches. I have pleanty of room
smile.gif
. I have a buddy thats 6 foot 4 250 - lbs and he drove it no problem. You should be good.

BLS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am 6'3" and weigh 230 lbs.

I almost didn't buy a Viper because of the lack of head room. But, I had a Northwind Enterprises seat lowering kit installed and that made the difference.

With the Northwind kit, I can sit completely upright with a helmet on and my head does not touch the ceiling. So, if you are 6'5"... you should be OK. But, you might not be able to wear a helmet.

If that is the case, you could purchase some Sparco racing seats and have a special bracket made. That is what I am doing in my Supra. Beacause I cannot sit upright in the car with a helmet on.