Cam Options?

ViperRichRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was wondering what your opinions are for a cam upgrade. I have a 2001 with forged pistons, T&D Rockers, TNT headers, 3" catback, Greg Good Heads, Roe SC w/8lb. and David Weaver pulley (=11-12lb. boost), water/****. I believe the 708 cam would definitely help me but was wondering what other ideas some of you might have???

Thanks!

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Rich,
I would def. stay with the 708. In my opinion, it is the best all around cam for dual use(street/strip). If you get an aftermarket cam, you could have a car that is more tempermental(sp).

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
stock to 708 = 6 degrees of overlap and .001 lift. Is it really worth it?

I don't thing anyone out there has done just a came swap (no other changes) that is a stock to 708 comparison. Maybe Rich can be the first...

JD

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
stock to 708 = 6 degrees of overlap and .001 lift. Is it really worth it?

I don't thing anyone out there has done just a came swap (no other changes) that is a stock to 708 comparison. Maybe Rich can be the first...

JD

I would LOVE to see the results of that. 708 cam vs. later cam on the dyno, no other changes. Would either confirm or dispel an issue that has been debated over and over and over.

My guess is that the 708 does give a little something extra. How much? Who knows.

G

grcforce327

I take it these mods were done already when you bought the car,because that would have been the time to address the camshaft. :confused:

Reaction score
I take it these mods were done already when you bought the car,because that would have been the time to address the camshaft. :confused:

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner.

Rich, I wouldn't bother swapping in a 708 cam. If you are going to go to all that trouble you might as well put something better in.

I haven't seen any specs for the 708 cam at.050" tappet lift, so I don't know how it compares on paper to some of the popular aftermarket cams. I have a 708 cam sitting here in my office that I'm going to take over and have Cam Doctored so that way we can all know exactly what it is. Seat duration doesn't really tell us much about a factory cam.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There has to be better performance options than an OE cam...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang