Camshaft-less?

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of my favorite stories from one of my favorite dudes making one of my favorite cars.
Love everything about Koenigsegg.

Camshaftless is not a new idea, but its an evolving technology.

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fiat's Multiair setup is similar, A camshaft is used but only to pressurize oil and this pressurized oil is used to open the intake valve. This pressure is bled with a computer controled solenoid. lift and duration can be changed on fly. This system is in the 500 right now. The only problem is if something goes wrong with the computer, wiring or solenoid bleed, the piston can hit the valve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK3CLMr8qwg

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fiat's Multiair setup is similar, A camshaft is used but only to pressurize oil and this pressurized oil is used to open the intake valve. This pressure is bled with a computer controled solenoid. lift and duration can be changed on fly. This system is in the 500 right now. The only problem is if something goes wrong with the computer, wiring or solenoid bleed, the piston can hit the valve.

Something always goes wrong with computers and electronics... Scares me a little. I would say right now an old-fashioned solid camshaft would be more reliable. It is good to keep developing new technology, but sometimes the bugs can bite your ****. :omg:

viper04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW, some good technology is in our furture, thanks for posting..