Can a rear exhaust go on Gen I?

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you replace the sidepipe sills with 96+, and swap out rear fascias. Bolt in any Viper exhaust? Or would it have to be a custom job?

I'm thinking my first Viper would be a Gen I, but I love Snake-Oyl's cat back exhaust for Gen II Vipers. If this isn't possible, does anyone know if there's a way to do an x-pipe or crossover like the SRT?
Sean

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes indeed.

In fact, from late 1994, the Gen-1 BUX models (to Europe) had the rear exhaust, as did the 1996 RT/10. Easy direct swap, and G2 exhausts are almost FREE. I bet you could get one just by asking nice, or making $100 charity check.

The sills are also a direct swap. you could cut a hole and heat shield the rear facia, or swap them.........

OP
OP
V

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking of getting more sound over the Gen II stock exhaust... ala Snake-Oyl quite possibly. Thanks for the information Jon!

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You really want to change the best feature of a Gen I or III (side exhaust)? Why not just get Jon to get you the sound you want while retaining the side exhaust. I bought my Jon B "prototype system" a few years ago and everyone always says my car sounds a lot meaner and throatier than their cars. Even the Gen II's with Borla, Corsa, etc. The only sound that I have liked almost as much as mine is a supercharged Gen II with Borla exhaust. It has a fairly deep note with the whistle of the charger at WOT, but mine still sounds better!

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't do it. I almost tried changing my rear exhaust to a side because I think it's much better. I was talked out of it because it would have been too loud. But now I regret it because I wish it was louder.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
userSRTbro_