Can anyone help me..........

sliverstripeacr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've finally gotten rid of my corvette and I'm finally buying the car of my dreams, a gen 2 viper. I need some expert advice on which car I should consider. My problem is both cars I'm interested in are both sides of the country. One car is a 2001 gts acr with 9000 miles, the second is a 2002 gts not acr with 24000 miles. The problem I have is the acr is about 10000$ more. Is it worth the extra cash for the lower miles? more collectible? desirable?. I cannot afford to fly to go see both cars and I'm having a had time making a decision. Any help and comments would be great. Thanks.

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ACR would be the better investment if you can afford it, for the lower miles and ACR. If you are going to drive it alot, the GTS would be the better choice, since you would devalue the ACR with the miles you put on it.

Last edited:

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As mentioned, if you are going to put some mileage on it, get the non-ACR. If money is a factor get the non-ACR. Either way, go for it and put up some pics when you get her home! :drive:

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ACR is a better investment, and yes, the ACRs are always about 10K more - when they were new and used.

If you want to drive it alot, then go with the already devalued due to miles non ACR. That will allow you to drive without that loss.

Also, the ACR may be a bit more costly in the long run. The shocks/damers are known to leak (driven or not) and will need to be repaired or replaced.

Some also dont like the harsh ACR ride....

PootyP

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Get the one that makes u smile more when u look at it. Who cares about value? If u want value dont throw ur money away on a toy, maybe a **********. Bottom line is this will be your car, yours!!! So get the one that YOU like the best!

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it worth the extra cash for the lower miles? more collectible? desirable?. I cannot afford to fly to go see both cars and I'm having a had time making a decision. Any help and comments would be great. Thanks.

Also, the ACR may be a bit more costly in the long run. The shocks/damers are known to leak (driven or not) and will need to be repaired or replaced.

Some also dont like the harsh ACR ride....

I agree that the ACR might cost you more than purchase price if you need to have the shocks rebuilt. The ride issue can be "fixed" by changing the rear springs, which are available, and it is a relatively easy thing to do. (You would have to call Jon at Partsrack to verify availability.)

People are willing to pay a premium for a sub-10000 mile car, and the ACR will add to that. However, the market is smaller. It could make the car much easier to sell; or it might take longer to connect with that buyer.

The mileage on the other car is also low from a wear and tear standpoint; so, that shouldn't be a factor. It could be easier to sell in the long run because it opens it to more potential buyers.

If I planned to buy different wheels, or mod it otherwise, I wouldn't pay the premium for the ACR.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you plan on doing with the car? As it's already been said there's a good chance you will have to have the shocks rebuilt/replaced on the ACR.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends on what is needed.

The ACR shocks tend to leak. If it is just seals and its first rebuild (the first is the most expensive) then I believe I read Karl Haas rebuilds them for somewhere around $450. (Did I get that right?)

If you need to replace (as in damaged), you dont want to know!! ;) (Like $2000+ new each! :omg:)

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I agree that the ACR might cost you more than purchase price if you need to have the shocks rebuilt. The ride issue can be "fixed" by changing the rear springs, which are available, and it is a relatively easy thing to do. (You would have to call Jon at Partsrack to verify availability.)

People are willing to pay a premium for a sub-10000 mile car, and the ACR will add to that. However, the market is smaller. It could make the car much easier to sell; or it might take longer to connect with that buyer.

The mileage on the other car is also low from a wear and tear standpoint; so, that shouldn't be a factor. It could be easier to sell in the long run because it opens it to more potential buyers.

If I planned to buy different wheels, or mod it otherwise, I wouldn't pay the premium for the ACR.

WHAT HE, AND MOPAR BOY SAID.........you could drop $2k-$3k on good, new shocks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery