02 GTS value

Sean_02GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gentlemen,
I have an 02 GTS with 34,000 miles on it that I inherited. I am in a position where I may have to sell it. I am a huge car enthusiast and have been getting the bugs worked out of it over the last year and a half while driving/enjoying it whenever possible. It is a dream car and having one is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Everything in me says keep it, but financially it doesn't make sense. Any thoughts on what to ask if I do have to sell it? I see them for sale, but most of the time there is no final sale price. Paint is in great shape with some chipping on the rockers. Pretty much stock with a Borla Cat back system.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

joshwars

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sean - Assuming its 'driver quality', I would put the value between $55,000 and $65,000. I just traded in my 2002 GTS in graphite with near identical mileage to a northeast Chevy dealer and got $47k in trade value for it, or $50.1k if you account for the sales tax credit received on the deal ($47,000 * 6.625% NJ Sales Tax).

I was happy to "pay" the $5k difference ($50k in trade value vs $55k sale price) to not have to deal with tire kickers, answering a million questions, nit pickers giving me trouble because of some unnoted scratch, etc.

Ultimately, the only reason I got rid of it was to free up garage space for the inbound P-Car.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep it,trust me you will be glad you did they are going up in value very fast now and the gen 2 still draws a crowd where ever you go, and I think it's the best looking gen of all the Vipers

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala