can anyone recomend a good air box and intake tubes

RENTME

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I do not like my present system , i run no air box with rubber smooth tubes I have a roe supercharger with 70 mm throttle boddies any one have any suggestions

Thanx

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
before the paxton setup i had a stock airbox and K&N filters for my nitrous. going thru steel smooth tubes

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm partial to my intake by PBJ. Includes bungs for the water/methanol injection if you are running that and can be built with a cold air pickup similar to the Vipair. With 70mm throttlebodies, it gives you a 3" intake all the way through. Price depends on what features you want like the sneaky pete logo.

You must be registered for see images

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here's mine from PBJ. I had them include the Vipair option. You can have it made in just about any color and either smooth or krinkle. I like the Sneaky Pete design, which is actually a cutout and not just painted on.

You must be registered for see images attach

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm partial to my intake by PBJ. Includes bungs for the water/methanol injection if you are running that and can be built with a cold air pickup similar to the Vipair. With 70mm throttlebodies, it gives you a 3" intake all the way through. Price depends on what features you want like the sneaky pete logo.

I love this airbox.

OP
OP
R

RENTME

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks guys i love the pbj system anyone have a web site address

Thanks again Tom / rentme

OP
OP
R

RENTME

Viper Owner
Reaction score
THANKS AGAIN GUYS JUST ORDERED A COMPLETE SYSTEM

TOM

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I run the Roe built stock rear half of the air box modified to have 3" outlets. You can see I used long pieces of silicone hose to cover the entire 3" aluminum tubes that is epoxied into the air box (along with the steel smooth tubes like those sold by PartRack cut down by 2" to fit then another 1" to compensate for the thicker radiator). I smoothed out the epoxied transition on the inside of where the new tubes are glued in with a flapper wheel on a die grinder but other than that it is a clean set-up.

Dang it! Everytime I see that pic I'm reminded I need to clean up where the harness goes to the TPS!

OP
OP
R

RENTME

Viper Owner
Reaction score
looks good phoenixgts have you run it at hte track yet

rentme

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm using K&Ns in my OE airbox. I've figured out the installation procedure with the K&Ns so they don't strain the clips, and I prefer their horizontal pleats rather than the vertical pleats on other aftermarket filters.

Same day testing at the strip last Fall involving making some baseline runs, then replacing the unmodded front half with one that'd had the rain dam removed and covered, saw a .12 sec reduction in ET.

I've got a couple more things to try in and around the airbox, but so far I'm happy ..

- One tenth at a time.

:cool: