can anyone tell what type of exhaust this is?

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I saw smooth tubes, but everything else (aside from the headers and exhaust tips) looked stock. No MGW accessories, no VEC, no Accufabs, no aftermarket airbox. I'd be willing to bet it has aftermarket filters since they went through the trouble of doing smooth tubes. You'll want to throw a power steering vent tube on there. Looks to be pretty stock with a few tasteful bolt-ons.

OP
OP
H

hybrid1098

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Jason,

Thanks for the reply. BTW I used to live in Austin right by the Arboretum. Love that place.
I had no idea that a power steering vent tube was and how important that is. Note taken.

I was wondering if those were smooth tubes but couldn't really tell.

Hmm so that is the stock exhaust with just tips? Crap!

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
That's a "straight through" exhaust similar to the Snake Oyl setup. In other words, the resonators that are usually at the rear of the gen2 are bypassed.

Not sure if cats are gone as they are under the side sills. Considering that the dealer is saying it is "loud", it may NOT have cats as the resonator bypass raises decibels on idle slightly, but adds a nice growl as you increase rpms.

Smooth tubes for sure, and possibly K&N's in the airbox.

Conservative but smart gen2 upgrades for sure.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
belanger headers up front

You must be registered for see images

stock muffler replaced with 2 bullets, of course can't see the cats or resonators, but dollars to doughnuts at least hiflows

i bet full after market cat back (note the supports btw the bullets), looks like a nice system

man, there are some deals out there

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
also, new head unit (stereo) and good rubber if the date code are not out of date

is it yours now?

SHELBYVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like a well done custom made exhaust. Other updates are newer PS-2 tires, Slotted brake rotors, Daves billet power steering pulley and the already mentioned smooth tubes. Seems like someone got a pretty good deal at $33K. Would be curious though the reason for the repainted panels. :usa:

OP
OP
H

hybrid1098

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes it is mine!!!

Been searching for a year now after my friend gave me the Viper bug this time last year. It was traded in a day before I got it so I jumped on it.

Thanks for all the great replies. I am new and am very excited. The dealer does not seem to know what mods it has and I cannot tell being that this will be my 1st Viper.

Checked carfax and this car was taken cared off it seems... My guess is that the car was vandalized or dinged up being that only the hood and both doors were painted as opposed to the bumpers. It stayed with the dealers throughout most it's life based on carfax and autocheck.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

hybrid1098

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The cats were taken out when purchased but being that I live in SoCal and the car is in Florida, they had to reintstall the stock cats (grumblegrumble) so it can pass smog and then I'm going to redo them with high flow.

What I do not get is the exaust. Is it stock with tips? Is it custom? Is it full after market cat back?I hope it doesnt drone too much. It's going to take about 2 weeks to get here and I cant wait.

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The cats were taken out when purchased but being that I live in SoCal and the car is in Florida, they had to reintstall the stock cats (grumblegrumble) so it can pass smog and then I'm going to redo them with high flow.

What I do not get is the exaust. Is it stock with tips? Is it custom? Is it full after market cat back?I hope it doesnt drone too much. It's going to take about 2 weeks to get here and I cant wait.
I have some Hi Flow cats I tried on mine but prefer it without cats. They were only on the car for about a month (50 miles).. pm me with an offer if you're intersted...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang