Can I swap the passenger seat for the driver's seat?

Roland L-Ocala FL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can I swap the passenger seat for the driver\'s seat?

Can the driver's seat be removed and replaced directly with the passenger seat on the '94's? There is a bit of wear showing up on the left side of the seat from getting in and out of the car, and I wonder if a simple fix for now is just to swap out the seats, one for the other, or is there a compatibility problem with that? That way, the wear is hidden on the passenger seat now, and it won't show at all.

Scott E. Smith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Can I swap the passenger seat for the driver\'s seat?

I also have a 94....and have been routinely switching the seat bottoms...no problems there,keeps them looking new...but I think I know where the problem is you're talking about,is it the seat side bolster on the driver side upright? I've thought of switching them myself...let me take a look and let you know...my seats need to come out soon for a roll bar install.

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It can be done in Gen IIs. I am not sure about Gen Is.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

On the GenII's what about the seat belt guide on the upper right side?

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That is the only issue. Aside from the belt guide it will work fine. Helps you get double the mileage out of the seats since they have a tendancy to go 'flat' after miles add up....

Reaction score

You can switch the seats (Gen I), however you may also switch the rear bolster. We have done it but its a little tough. The lumbar tube/bulb MUST go with it.

Tip: The wheel center cap removal tool located in your owners manual is a perfect tool to replace the lower seat clip.

If you need help give us a call.
Regards,
Doug

OP
OP
R

Roland L-Ocala FL

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Great tips Doug and all the rest of you guys! It is the side bolster that is wearing because the @#$* thing is vinyl and not leather! Geez, you would think it would be made out of leather so it would stand up to much more wear and tear, and not show it. Well, it looks like this should be a fairly simple job to do then.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960