can mounting be a problem?

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all, I need to purchase set of Michelin Pilot Sport tires for the front. If i order them on-line ,am i going have a problem finding someone to mount them when i am not purchasing the tires from a local shop? And any shop recommendations for the Springfield Missouri area?
Thanks in Advance.:)
size: Front 275/40ZR17

Last edited:
Reaction score
The problem you might find is getting a shop to pay for the cost of repairing your wheel if they screw it up. Ask before to make sure they "get it" and are noyt in over their head with your $1800 wheel.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why bother to order online.Order localy.Get the road guarantee,mounting and blalncing thrown in.They pay to ship.You pay local tax.$1490.00 all in including tire disposal here in New york State with the sales tax at 8% something for 4 stock size PS2's. GTS Bruce

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
fronts are NOT a problem to mount. just make sure the guy is carefull and watch him do it if ya can

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ditto Venomiss......................I was ready to respond to the title with one of my terrible off color come backs, but was stunned by the serious answers.

V

Venomiss

Harleyman-PM sent.
Just reading the header made me a bad person....I'll save the off color for Sneaky Pete's.

OP
OP

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Harleyman-PM sent.
Just reading the header made me a bad person....I'll save the off color for Sneaky Pete's.

Boy, am i slow:rolaugh: Venomiss, you need to chat with your hubby;)
I ordered a set of pilot sports for the front from Luke at the Tire Rack to replace the original stock tires. you all made me real nervous about driving the snake with old rubber.....hmmm is that going to get Venomiss going again..:D
I called 5 tire shops here today and they wanted 700. to 875.00 for 2 installed..:omg:
Luke said the pilot sports are being discontinued. So I'm glad i got set to match the rears before they are gone.
Thanks to all for the advise.:)

V

Venomiss

must...refrain...from....typing...anything.....off.........beat:D

PM sent

'93 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I called 5 tire shops here today and they wanted 700. to 875.00 for 2 installed..:omg:

Wow, that is outrageous. I stopped today to get four pilots mounted at a local tire shope and they wanted $160 for the four. The lady that runs the place I stopped at said they are 18" tires so they would have to use their special machine and if you buy something special you pay. I turned right around and walked out the door. That is just insane. They will never get any of my business again.

OP
OP

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, that is outrageous. I stopped today to get four pilots mounted at a local tire shope and they wanted $160 for the four. The lady that runs the place I stopped at said they are 18" tires so they would have to use their special machine and if you buy something special you pay. I turned right around and walked out the door. That is just insane. They will never get any of my business again.

I had my Front Pilots mounted and balanced for 40.00 at Mitchum Tire it took them about 30 min. they had a bit of challenge to get them to seat(POP). I took the just the wheels in because I was scared to let anyone work around my car.

V

Venomiss

G is a good thing. Yes, I'll just go to fark.com for headlines with a twist.;)

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got a laugh out of this myself. Had a flat in the rear, and went to Tire Discount in Indy. They fixed it for free, and did not put a single scratch on the wheel. I found them by calling the local Dodge dealer, who did NOT have the equipment to mount the rear tire. Discount Tire does their Viper tire work.

BruceW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Discount Tire here too. Patched and plugged my rear for free, didn't screw up the pressure sensor and treated me like a king.