Can someone post pictures of where you can adjust the hood?

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought another Viper this past weekend and the hood touches the bumper right by the wheel on the passenger side, doesn't do it on the driver side. I want to get this side up a bit however all the old threads I found, the pictures no longer work, just looking for a picture of what exactly can be adjusted. It looks like the hood sits lower on the passenger side than the driver side.

Thanks

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't have any pics but it is and easy thing to do, open your hood and there are 2 mounting points to the hood with 2 bolts in each. Loosen them a bit and play with it until you get it right.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its pretty simple if you just look at it. Where it latches in the very front is ajustable. Just loosen the bolts and slide the two latches up/down then tighten.

also, anytime you adjust the latches to raise or lower the hood you will want to re-adjust the rubber stoppers so that they slightly contact the hood when shut

This process is :
- Lower the bumpstops a couple full turns,
- slide a strip of paper in there,
- Shut the hood and try to pull the paper out, it should pull out easily, if not make them lower.
- Now adjust the bumpstops up 1/2turn at a time UP untill the paper is just barely stuck.

Too Tight and your hood will be difficult to shut,
Too Loose and your hood will vibrate

Goodluck

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang