Can the Dealer adjust fan temp on?

Hoop

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can't see spending 3-600$ just to decrease the fan temp kick-on to take advantage of the 170* thermostat with no need for the other capabilities of most tuners.

A buddy works for a shop and has all of the tools that dealers have but doesn't know that this would be an option.

Thanks!

01ACR/VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say no they can`t(or won`t).All the dealers flashes have to go thru dc corporate,they do not have the programs for the pcm`s on hand at the stealerships.I have the sct tuner with a custom flash for mine by KRC performance in florida.Marty turned my fan on at 85deg c.and it cools great now.The flash is pretty awesome as well.:headbang:

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get a DC tune. Its worth it! Get a few dyno runs with A/F and call cragin. Turn on fan sooner. eliminate skip shift. Pick up HP and TQ especialy in the mid range. Much better running car. I picked up 20HP and 30 TQ at peak. However the dyno run from 2500 to 6000 rpm took 1 second less time in 4th gear. GTS Bruce

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yep, as stated above, not a dealer adjustable item.

We have had the flash software since it was released as well if you would like a new tune for your car, including this change. (Though personally we lean towards 185 T-Stats)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine