Can you believe this BS?

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i wasnt sure if i could come up with the 10k needed for a TT setup, so i thought i would bid on the Heffner setup that was up for auction on ebay recently instead.

WITHIN 24 HOURS OF THE AUCTION ENDING, I RECEIVED SIX OF THESE!!!!!!

THEY ARE ALL FROM DIFFERENT MEMBERS!! This guy is from Austrailia - the seller lives in TN!!! W-T-F?!!

<< You expressed interest in an item titled: Heffner Supercharger System for Gen. II Dodge Viper Item number: 7991018026 by bidding, however the auction has ended with another member as the high bidder. In compliance with eBay policy, the seller is making this Second Chance Offer to you at your bid price. The seller has issued this Second Chance Offer because either the winning bidder was unable to complete the transaction or the seller has duplicate items for sale. If you accept this offer, you will be able to exchange Feedback with the seller and will be eligible for eBay services associated with a transaction, such as fraud protection. To purchase this item please contact the seller at this email address: [email protected] To learn more about Second Chance Offer go to: http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/personal_offer.html Thank you, eBay, Inc. >>

chickenwarrior

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know it's not exatly the same kind of scam, but check out:
http://www.419eater.com/

My favorite part are the people that play along with the scammer right up to the point of wiring them the money Western Union and then demanding good faith money from the scammers before wiring the cash. It's amazing how many of them send of $100-$300 in cash in the hopes of getting back $10,000 or more....

I have always wanted to play along with them, right up to the point of wiring the money and tell them I had no idea the fees for western union would be so much. They will of course tell you to deduct the fees from the payment, but if you insist that they pay the fees since you would be out the entire fee amount if the transaction didn't go through, I'm sure many would do it. Telling them "Certainly if you are for real you would have no problem paying the fee for me in advance".

I think once you had them and led them along far enough, they'd already be counting your money and would probably sent you the western union fee amount (or at least agree to split it with you). :laugh:

You'd have to have a "special ebay account" and a PO box so they couldn't actually find your real address....

Of course I've always been "chicken" to try it... :D

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big-n, it looked like you got sniped there at the end. Buyer got a heck of a deal, IMO.

I actually did exchange some e-mail with one of the idiots that sent out the same scam the first time it was listed. Asked her some interesting questions like whether the system would work on a '99 Viper with a V8 (she said yes), and whether she bought the system from Heffner's shop in Texas (yes again). Funny thing though, when I wanted to call her up and talk about the transaction she told me that she had just moved to LA and didn't have a phone hooked up yet. I said "You own a Viper and don't have a cell phone?," and she told me she doesn't give out her cell phone number! Pretty funny stuff considering that what she was trying to sell me was in my basement. Those kind of scams are poppping up everywhere, but it does seem that they occur a lot more frequently with Viper related merchandise. Hard to believe people would send someone money without checking the person out and at least talking to them on the phone, but I guess they do.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big-n, it looked like you got sniped there at the end. Buyer got a heck of a deal, IMO.

I actually did exchange some e-mail with one of the idiots that sent out the same scam the first time it was listed. Asked her some interesting questions like whether the system would work on a '99 Viper with a V8 (she said yes), and whether she bought the system from Heffner's shop in Texas (yes again). Funny thing though, when I wanted to call her up and talk about the transaction she told me that she had just moved to LA and didn't have a phone hooked up yet. I said "You own a Viper and don't have a cell phone?," and she told me she doesn't give out her cell phone number! Pretty funny stuff considering that what she was trying to sell me was in my basement. Those kind of scams are poppping up everywhere, but it does seem that they occur a lot more frequently with Viper related merchandise. Hard to believe people would send someone money without checking the person out and at least talking to them on the phone, but I guess they do.

Ha, that's classic! :D

I would give you my HOME number if I had one. But I don't give out my CELL! :rolleyes:

NascarDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bid for the TT set-up at the Midwest Zone Rendezvous! Or, bid for the Forgeline wheels? Or enter the raffle for the MP3 players, or the 1/2 off a STOPTECH big brake kit, or 1/2 off a CORSA exhaust, or the V10 Crate engine....

Sorry for the hijack:)

DN

RC Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bid on the same item early in the process and received a similar email.

Lots of trolls out there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32