Can you recommend a place in North Texas for a gear swap?

PowerKraus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to drop in a set of 3:55s or 3:73s in my 2002 GTS. The car is used for 'heavy street' action and will undergo a little TNT here when I get time. I've done the searches and have narrowed the choice down to 3:55s or 3.73s.

And while I battle myself on which gear to use, I certainly could use some advice on where to both purchase and install the gears, here in the DFW area or if worth it, a place that I could trailer to...say Houston...if need be. I want the best job, and I want to do it only once.

Thanks for your advice guys.....

And please feel free to chime on the 3:55s or 3:73s. I've read the 'historical posts', which certainly helped. I am leaning towards the 3:73s. Just FYI, I put 4:10s in my 525 RWHP C5 and LOVED IT (many considered that too much gear, but it was perfect for my taste)! But that was with a 6800rpm redline....compare this to our torque monster 6,000 redline.

Anyway, I hope that bit of info helps you....help me !

Again, thanks...I am just loving the Viper and the way it is so easy to tune with the VECII and run fast. There is little substitute for cubic inches.

BDZ1984

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The man himself
Keith Laxson at Musclehead Inc in lewisville...

Keith is the only person I would ever trust around both my Viper and my Cuda which right now he has both in his shop.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960