canadian orders

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
who in canada is ready to order a new viper? i think there is only 28 allocated to canada for the first batch.

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We will have to see what happens, there have been leaks of what SRT requirments will be before any vipers would be sent. Training for techs and salesman, tools and so on. I can't see many dealers investing in the viper line to sell one car they wanted for the showroom.

OP
OP
C

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We will have to see what happens, there have been leaks of what SRT requirments will be before any vipers would be sent. Training for techs and salesman, tools and so on. I can't see many dealers investing in the viper line to sell one car they wanted for the showroom.
i dont blame the dealers if they dont want to pay a lot of money up front to sell a few vipers. we should be able to order a car out of the usa and pay in usa money, instead of having to pay an extra 10k to 15k more here in canada.

supersnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to see one in person before I will committ as I am not real fond of the front end in pics. But I am remaining open minded and will have to see one first. Also may have to change dealers as I don't think the dealer i use will want to pay for the tooling and techs as they sell maybe 2 cars a year.:D:D

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get a US address and you can ;)

Sadly, you cant.

According to the Canadian Govt, a Canadian citizen cannot drive an american plated vehicle (even if its their own to their US address!) in Canada. More specifically, they wont let you over the boarder with it. :rolaugh:

To further that, once imported into Canada, the RIV notifies the vehicle manufacturer of exportation and it is then entered into Dealer Connect and shows warranty now MIA. (took my car 3 weeks for the status change)

And I also believe there is a restriction on US dealers selling to Canada and Canada selling to US thanks to the large quantities of that 10 years ago.

Granted if pricing was the same as exchange rate is the same now..... ;)

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When are you hosers going to revolt against the Canadian Government already on these automobile issues. Seems to me and from my personal experience, it is and has been ***** for way longer than it should have. Talk about a corrupt system when it comes to Auto purchasing. Time to stop being nice Canadians on that issue. Big three are one thing but certain foreign cars are really, really expensive up there for no other reason than to support a broken corrupt system and line some pockets.

Then again a new Jeep SRT8 costs the equivalent of $175K usd in China after everyone is greased. Guess it is worth what someone will pay.

BTW You are not correct on the Canadian crossing the border into Canada with their own vehicle registered to a Snow Bird nest in the US and plates from that state. My parents do it ever year to and from AZ. Guess it depends on the area.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW You are not correct on the Canadian crossing the border into Canada with their own vehicle registered to a Snow Bird nest in the US and plates from that state. My parents do it ever year to and from AZ. Guess it depends on the area.

Hmmm. Odd. We tried and were told by the border agents it was a big no no and were denied access to Canada with it! :omg:

Your parents are lucky I would say! ;)

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
We have Canadian residents that have homes here who move their US plated cars all the time back to Canada for the summer. They then ship them back down for the winter--no issues that I've ever heard about--Dave

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We do warranty work on US vehicles if it has US plates, with no problems from Chrysler Canada

OP
OP
C

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think you can not live more than 6 months in canada if your car has us plates on it. anyway lets try to go back to the org thread

V10lover

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Canadians will be in deep $hi* to order even the basic model. They will sell for 140K each and that is the basic car with the basic options, cheapest everything. GTS, ouch, I was afraid of asking the price on one...

I know the owner of a dealership in mississauga and he was telling me that the other day, after I test drove a 12 jeep srt8.

He also told me that they put a deposit for 6 vipers already and not every dodge mechanic and dodge dealer will be able to work on the car because a special course will be a must.

It will take a long time until this car becomes reaity in canada even though it is being made detroit. I see it as being a very exotic car even more than already is.

Keeping my 2010 with pride.

OP
OP
C

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$140k for a base ? i think your dealer is dreaming. the only way the car will sell for $140 k is, if the dealer sells it for $30 k over msrp. lol

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep in mind a 2003 nothing special roadster was $129 when new in Canada. Price was lowered in 2004. All prices you see are dealers opinion, but one would expect the car to be priced high when first released.

OP
OP
C

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dont forget that the our dollar was not at par in 04, that was part of the reason the the price was so high. the other part was greed

OP
OP
C

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and on another note, dodge was giving 10k to 20k off the cars to try to move them

V10lover

Viper Owner
Reaction score
$140k for a base ? i think your dealer is dreaming. the only way the car will sell for $140 k is, if the dealer sells it for $30 k over msrp. lol

They are not dreaming they are the ones that sell us these new cars so in a way they tell us " F. you this is my price". You know how they are here on these dealerships. They don't negotiate, they overinflate their prices and they dont give you that good of a customer service on the domestic brands.

These cars are going to arrive way too expensive here and the ones that sell it cheaper are going to have their cars bought by other dealerships right away so they can put the price back up again to their customers. This is happenning with the few 12 jeep grand cherokees srt8s that arrived here. Those SOBs.are greedy as F*ck!

Last edited:

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Go back a little further. When the 1996 B&W GTS made its debut here in Vancouver, it was priced at $99K ! I'm confident that will be screwed again and the first 6months or more, the new car will be priced at 140K:crazy2:
The first Gen I model in BC was sold at an astronomical 200K !

Buddy of mine put a deposit down on the first batch of 15 Mustang Shelbys at a local Ford delaership and was pressured to come up another 3K on top of the MSRP later, if he wanted to get the car. Their reasoning was that some of the people who made a deposit on the cars were reselling them on e-bay with a profit ,before they even got the car. My friend grudgingly paid the extra $$$ and still has the car,but never returned to that dealer again.

Last edited: