Cancelled My Membership to "Idle Hang" Club

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cancelled My Membership to \"Idle Hang\" Club

I've recently been fighting the idle hang problem that seems to be all too common. I tried everything listed on recent and past threads with no impact. After talking to Sean Roe he related a similar situation he experienced where replacing the PCM was the fix. He sent me a new PCM and baddaboom, the idle hang is gone. Not only that, the car runs much smoother and stronger. I'm going back to the dyno next week and am predicting improved numbers from it's baseline tuning. Thanks Sean :2tu: :usa:

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Cancelled My Membership to \"Idle Hang\" Club

Congrats!!! Jim now you can finally enjoy that beast. Is the NOS fixed? :2tu:

Reaction score
Re: Cancelled My Membership to

Don't cheer too early.
If you disconnect the old PCM (unhook the battery) and reconnect it, often the Idle Hang goes away for a few hundred miles until the computer "relearns" its old bad ways.
I'd say if after 300 miles or so it stays gone then you are in the clear, maybe.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I use to have that problem...... it drove me NUTS.....then I did Sean's wood dowel treatment..... it never returned.

Cudaman :usa:

OP
OP
S

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I use to have that problem...... it drove me NUTS.....then I did Sean's wood dowel treatment..... it never returned.

I did the wood dowel treatment before the PCM change and it had no impact. I'm hoping it is gone for good but apparently that might be a bit optimistic. :smirk: :usa:

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

at what RPM is all of your hangs?? mines at 2k

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Shelby,

Fer Gudness Sake Get Outside and Give US Results!! Ya can't put on 300mph or miles or whichever comes first if your typing when you should be driving! :D

Jay K.

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

From everything I have read, it seems that different fixes work for different cars, which makes it all the more frustrating.

Mine hangs at approx 1500RPM, but seems to be happening less if I take the car out of gear in addition to depressing the clutch. I have noticed a more pronounced problem when the shifter is still in a gear's shift gate, instead of the neutral gate.

Signed - Still Hanging :mad:

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

mine does it only when its cold or after a hard run.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I did the wood dowel treatment before the PCM change and it had no impact. I'm hoping it is gone for good but apparently that might be a bit optimistic. :smirk: :usa:

OOOOOPS..... I forgot put I have the older PCM too.