"Captain Velcro" has a useful idea

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
\"Captain Velcro\" has a useful idea

Hello;

Yes, "self-adhesive Velcro" is the stuff!

I installed my Snake-Oyl "seatbelt shoulder pads" 2 days ago and realized something was wrong.

The space when closing the door on the SRT is tight as it is, and it is real easy to slam the door on your belt or seat-belt buckle. Now, because of the pads (wive's love em') the pad tends to stay on the belt where you positioned it for you.

Because of my personal "pad" position, the belt does not retract fully and stays more "slack", meaning increased chance of jamming the door upon closing.

I am going to put the "soft/fuzzy" side of the Velcro on the upper door side of my seat; the "hook" the part I will attach to the Pad. When I get out of the SRT, I am just going to stick the pad to the seat Velcro to "anchor" it. Be sure to CLEAN the leather before you try to apply the Velcro (especially if you have treated your leather as I have with Zaino Leather conditioner).

Related to the seat belt thing is a "Smart-Glass" door-closing question. Have any of you felt that UPON CLOSING your door that thw GLASS hits the rubber gasket at the top of the door frame? MINE HAS. I don't know if this is because my seat-belt was in the way, or whether I "confused" the "smart-Glass" motor by leaving the door open while I detailed the interior?

Does anyone know the "Smart-Glass" system well? I am wondering if it gets "out of sync" while we are in and out of our SRT's working on them. You know, clean drivers side window, get out (maybe close the door incompletely) walk around, open passenger door, get in, clean other side of window,etc? Finish cleaning interior, and then really close both doors to lock up for the night, and; ka-thunk, when you close the door? When I heard that sound, I looked and saw that the glass on my drivers side ended up on the outside of the rubber door gasket. I was worried I would break the window if I did that again.

Sorry it was long, but there's my fix for the "belt jamming" problem. Can anyone enlighten me on the "smart-glass's" programming cycles (if any).

Thanks,

Jim

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: \"Captain Velcro\" has a useful idea

I noticed the same thing on mine. The glass seems to drop only occasionally. It hits high on the rubber and seems to be smashing it rather than dropping and raising back up with a tight fit.