Captree 12/17

OP
OP
S

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While ocean parkway is pretty smooth and straight, you do have to pick you spots wisely when going high rates of speed.

I was traveling down ocean parkway last sunday at high speed chasing a Z06. While at around 150 or so i ran into some uneven payment. Man did that scare the crap out of me. The wheel ****** and pulled heavily into the next lane. The car bobbed up and down.

Towards the end of that highway it gets bad...

I concur...Same thing happened to me around the same mph on Ocean pky...Talk about scarry....Heading away from the parking lot on the right side is the best part to try any kind of run...On the other side forget it....I ran that same red Porsche in the video coming back...Let me tell you it was like riding over speed bumps at around 130mph...Car left the road for a sec...Geez...Not doing that again....Cant imagine doing 200 on roads like that...But that FGT gets to those speed in such a short time it really doesnt need a long run...

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The amazing thing is that guy in the GT was going up and back on Ocean Parkway for a looong time, at amazing speeds and didn't get stopped. The cops were scarce that day. He was asking for it spending that much time on that stretch of road.

OP
OP
S

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was the Porsche fast? Looks like an older single turbo model...

Yeah he was pretty fast...He was coming round the turn around and I allegedly blew by him at around 135 and he tried to stop my pull[from about 40mph] but didnt have a chance to. I hit the brakes around 145 as I ran into the "bumps" and slowed waaay down. Scarry ish. About 3 seconds after he shot by going very fast..Somehow he stayed on the ground lol...Dont think I had a chance in a fair race.....Fast Porsche..Dont know if it would be a threat to a Viper though....I think one of the boosted 350z's beat him...

BTW Jon the cops know the FGT guy.He gave one of them a ride to an unknown speed a few weeks ago...The cop appeared weak kneed and stuttered a bit lol..I personally would have told the guy filming not to post the video as it can land you in trouble. Its all over the net now....Dont need the cops getting any bright ideas...

The cops pulled over my entire club[13 cars] one Sunday a few months back and told us they are going to start arresting and ticketing people at Captree soon..Apparently its because of the locals complaints of noise and endangering the residence...I dont really go fast often out there anymore since then...He let us go but would hate for him to catch me again..It would be curtains for me :p

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember doing 170 on my R1 there a while back. I was just stretching my legs. Didn't even open up all the way, I'm sure there was more to go.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow that is amazing. The Ford GT going that fast. I would have loved to see that car pass someone at those speeds. No matter how fast you were going, you would feel like you are standing still.

OP
OP
S

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow that is amazing. The Ford GT going that fast. I would have loved to see that car pass someone at those speeds. No matter how fast you were going, you would feel like you are standing still.

One of the 350z that he passed in the video was doing about 100mph lol...It makes me realize how ridiculous Chads and Garths cars must be...