Car alarms

jbrian31

Viper Owner
Reaction score
After doing a search of the forum I couldnt find much talk about after market car alarm systems. Has anyone upgraded there Gen 2 car alarm to a new modern system. I am thinking about buying the Viper Responder 350 system but dont know if it would go into a gen 2 viper. Its got a lot of features that would be nice compared to the OEM system, like 2 way paging, starter kill, shock and vibration sensors.

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had horrible experience with after market alarms. I had the viper alarm with many features like the ones your mentioned installed on my last car and it had nothing but issues after install, mostly electrical issues, windows won't role down, cd player would stop working, etc. I find it easier to park the car in the garage at night and far away from others in a parking lot, I need the walking anyways...Let us know if you do install the alarm and how it works out for you...

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cant be bothered. its usually not far out of site and i dont park it in the hood....ever.

i dont want the battery drain and i leave the doors unlocked. if they want it, they gonna get it. i have insurance and id make out a lot better than selling it.lol

JBW1997

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm with plum. Not too worried about it. Get some good insurance and hope if they take it, it doesn't come back

VENUM INJECTION

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not that this helps you much bc I have an 08, but I had monster problems with aftermarket alarm. And it was viper brand as you mentioned above. It is possible however. Be sure you have a very reputable installer. I went through two. One was the premier stereo place where I am from. They botched it completely and had to get a sister company to correct and they had to start over because they did such a poor job. The first time they wired it in such a way that the windows would not work either. After all was said and done everything works fine and its a great alarm, but I wonder what all that wiring looks like under the covers. Even the viper tech told me to pull all that out because it was such a risk to the way Viper electrical systems were so integrated. As far as the battery draining, mine does it with the stock alarm. Good luck.