Car lifts...which brand is best quality and easy to use?

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello;

I looked into this lift thing two years ago, and didn't get around to actually buying one. I believe the brand was something like "Doublepark".

The unit literature seemed like it was fairly easy to use. I want to buy one that is the easiest, quickest, and most secure to use; preferably one with a "full bed" if that is the correct term. What I mean is one that doesn't just have the seperate tire ramps. I don't care if it costs more, it is the ability to use it safely and with minimal hassles. Maybe there isn't such an animal?

Thanks a bunch for any info, you folks usually know just about everything if we just ask!

Jim

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I own the Back Yard Buddy which I really like. They have a web site and ask for Jason he is very knowledable and was very helpful to me when I bought mine two years ago. It is safe and secure and I park my Prowler on the top and Viper on the bottom. the lift took me about 4.5 hours to install with the help of a couple of my buddies. I think I paid in the neighbor hood of 3k for mine, I got the drip pans and jack stand as well. I did not get the wheels as mine is stationary. The only modifications I had to do was add tracks to my Garage door and mount the opener on theside of my wall. It is a commercial grade garage door opener and the company would not warranty the unit because it is a commercial grade opener.

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you will get a lot of opinions on this board about which is best. I think you should search out all the manufacturers and decide which is best for you. I picked the Perfect Park 7000 and love it.

Some have internal sliders and some exterior. If you want the web links to all of the manufacturers, just email me.

If you have specific questions, please ask.

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anybody have experience with Blackhawk lifts (2 post, asymmetrical)? Somebody posted a link to their website a long time ago, but I couldn't find it.
confused.gif

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought a 2 post lift for my shop a few months back. After looking around at prices and quality and what would fit in my one bay, I decided to go with a Challenger 2 post 9,000 lb. BOTH assymetrical and symetrical. It is meaty...especially the arms. Dual cylinders. What is nice is that you can pick up virtually anything, including heavy vans and pickups like 1 ton vehicles. It is also nice to be able to lift cars and trucks both ways - symetrically and assymetrically - being able to shif the vehicle either forward or backward on the lift for space constraints.

All said and done with installation - cash deal - $3,300 with truck adaptors. All you had to do is wire 220 to it and that's it. I've been using it alot and love it. I feel very safe considering the quality and construction of the lift as well.

VIPORXXX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Jim,

As some of the guys suggest you should do some of your own
resaearch. I have looked at lifts for about a month now and in my opinion they all will do the job. I have looked at Cytech's DoublePark, Perfect Park 7000, Backyard Buddy, Eagle, Liftsunlimited etc. I have narrowed my decision down to 2. Doublepark and Perfect Park. Price will be my determining factor. As they say.....my $.02

Fast Eddie