Car will not start! Help!

saxon_schmauderer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gents, So long story short I took my baby (2006 SRT-10) to the drag strip last night and when I got home the car will not start since. I was able to push start it, like any other manual, but the button is not working. I have searched through all three forums and none of their issues were mine. When the clutch is fully depressed, and the push button is pressed, there is a single click noise that comes from the fuse box. I pulled every fuse in desperation and they all looked fine. I also pulled each relay and tried to press the start button to see if it still would make a clicking noise. It did. Since the 25Amp ASD fuse and the ASD relay were fine I thought it might be the clutch sensor. Well the noise will only come when the clutch is fully depressed so that rules it out. Any other thoughts guys? Thanks for the help.

-Saxon

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Actually had the same thing happen to me just a few weeks ago, battery tested good (with meter) lights worked, everything seemed great.... except, just a click (not a Viper). It wasn't til I got the battery out of the car did I notice a crack in the case by the negative terminal.

CWhiteRun

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Also check the connection on the starter. I have seen a Gen 2 loosen and not start the car. Funny thing was it happened at the dragstrip.

Last edited:

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you get it to turn with jumpers? Make sure your terminals are clean and tight, battery charged, etc. It sounds like simply not getting power to the starter.

OP
OP
S

saxon_schmauderer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ha! Thank you all for the help. I jacked her up to take a look at the starter and saw (picture). That little pesky bastard had come loose. Figures it would happen when I was an hour away from home. Thanks again!
You must be registered for see images attach