Caravan from Illinois

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, let's hold off on the Hampton Inn: I went by there and there is a LOT of construction going on around the property. The hotel is clean with a freshly paved parking lot, but there is heavy construction that has closed down one entrance road (building a fast food joint) and even the Outback Steakhouse is hard to get to now. Glad I looked!

The new and improved location for Kansas City is as follows:

AmeriSuites Hotel
5001 110th Street
Overland Park, KS
(913) 491-9002

Rates are currently $59 for a single (king) or $69 for a double. I have a call into the GM to see if we can get them even cheaper. This is in a very quiet and safe newer neighborhood - no midnight cruisers anywhere nearby. The parking is excellent with an outer lot of an office complex connecting to the hotel lot. Perfect for trailers and easy to get in and out of. I will check with the office complex tomorrow to make sure that they have no problem with us parking over there, with an early Wednesday departure.

Speaking of which, the plan right now is to depart NO LATER than 7:30 Wednesday morning. I would prefer shooting for 7:00 AM if everybody is on board for that, as that will make it even easier for us to hook up with Gateway and Illinois on I-44 around 9:00 AM. Figure about 2 hours to I-44 from Overland Park.

While you can book the hotel immediately, you may want to wait until Monday evening when I have secured a better rate. As it stands right now, we do NOT have the rooms blocked off, but they have 100 available. I will ask them to hold 30 for us, so let me know if that is too few or too many. Right now I am planning on Iowa, Nebraska, Minnesota, and possibly the Dakotas joining us. There should be at least 17 cars going from the Kansas City VCA, including three trailers. I will post directions to the hotel from I-35 AND I-70 for those that would like to camp out in Kansas City for the night. As for dinner, let's shoot for Tuesday evening around 7:00 PM.

Questions? E-mail me or call (913) 851-4414. We look forward to seeing you for the largest Viper caravan in the country for 2004!

Chris

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang