Carbon Fiber, 2Fast 2Furious,White Lightening SRT10's @ World of Wheels

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Carbon Fiber, 2Fast 2Furious,White Lightening SRT10\'s @ World of Wheels

Any one in Chicago this weekend make sure you visit the World of Wheels show at McCormick place. The Illinois region has a club display in the show and we have all three vehicles in the space. The carbon fiber car is unbelievable. The theme of the booth is the history of the Viper, all generations are represented. A truely awesome exhibit of SNAKES. Stop by to say HELLO to everyone in the space and come to the awards to cheer us on to a hopeful first place. Our President Bill Sampognarno did a fantastic job putting all this together. :2tu:

StoleIt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Carbon Fiber, 2Fast 2Furious,White Lightening SRT10\'s @ World of Wheels

You must be registered for see images

this was on sat 1/31/04 at w.o.w. i met and got to talk to alot of awsome viper guys. the guy who owned the red rt-10 was nice enough to let us sit in it and take pics. thats a friend of mine in the car, thanks! the viper club really made the show. :2tu:

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wish I could go! I am sure if Bill is in charge it is a AWESOME display! :2tu:
Great pictures, thanks! I see lots of familiar cars! :laugh:

OP
OP
S

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just another feather in Bill's cap, we took 1st place in the club display competition. The prize money will be put to good use with all the events we have planned for this summer. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK BILL

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Very nice! Great job Bill! I am sure Tracy helped out a bit too!! :laugh: :2tu:

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Wow, great pics and great job. Really cool you all took the Club Honors. Just another reason the Chicago area and Illinois have one of the strongest VCA clubs around.

Tom Shapiro

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Trying to be really unbiased here, I can honestly say we really kicked some major ASP! Twenty five members and their families worked their butts off for almost 3 weeks bringing the "History of Viper" exhibit to World of Wheels and a first place finish. When you entered the massive McCormick Place North Hall and walked up to our exhibit it really made you proud to be a Viper owner. We heard that over and over all weekend. People couldn't believe it was a Club display. Most thought it was a Dodge Corporate display. The real inspiration for this project was our Club President Bill Sampognaro and his wife Tracy. With 12 years of World of Wheels show experience behind them, they did an outstanding job guiding us rookies through the entire process. Here's a brief summary of the moving parts they so professionally assembled. We had 10 cars (3 from Dodge), 2,200 square ft of red and white checkerboard Race Deck tile with a Viper Logo in each corner(2 old, 2 new), a suspended 60 foot by 30 inch sign featuring on one side a Viper Time Line with photos of Vipers from each year 92-03 overlayed on faded Gen II V-10's and on the flip side photos of past IL VCA events, a DVD playing the 2003 IL VCA year in review, another DVD playing the White Lightning Viper beating the Air Force Viper Jet, 56 chrome stancions with black ropes, an ice chest filled with water and soda for the full 3 days, and a Sneaky Pete Ice sculpture we saved from our Holiday party. Each member car was also trimed out with pictures, trophies, Viper memorabilia etc. I'd also like to thank all the members who came to the show and supported our club.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Way to go Tom! I see your '98 made it there! :2tu:

HiYoSilver

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Looks great! When does the show end? I have friends in the area that would love to see it. Dr. Bob

Tom Shapiro

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry Dr. Bob, the show ended Sunday. See you next year!!

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tom, you forgot to mention all the TV spots you guys were on!