carbon fiber hoods

intense5.5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Siebon requires hood pins,which kept me from buying one.Check the classifieds,Steve has some CF Gen4 hoods for sale.

Last edited:

VIPER R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had mine for about 2 months, very satisfied. As far as hood pins I don't think they're neccessary although I did reinforce the hood latch.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Seibon hoods are FLIMSY !@&$&#*(#**@#

I have personnally seen one sag when the hood was left open, you can push the "carbon Fiber" in and out an inch or two, it flexes, Carbon should not flex.

My Carbon hoods are stiff, light and mount properly, the Seibon does not even have studs to mount it with, you have to find bolts and washers to install it.

Seibon hoods are so flimsy that they will allow your alarm pin to rise while aprked and your alarm will go off all on its own.,

I have

PIN on Carbon Race Hoods

Carbon one side fiberglass bottom hoods

Carbon top and bottom hoods

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks awesome Steve I might have to send back my fiberglass one to you for the carbon version now that it looks like you have some new ones produced. Let me know those look incredible, and would match my carbon faced wheels perfect!

Andy:2tu:

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man,

Wish this was an option back in early 2008 when I bought my factory 08' Hood for my 06 Coupe? Thta would have been the way I would have gone. How much lighter is that hood than stock?

Now if you could just make an 06-10 carbon fiber rear hatch with a Lexan window in it and it would drop about 200 pounds there, then that would be be an upgrade. Man that factory hatch is heavy!

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man,

Wish this was an option back in early 2008 when I bought my factory 08' Hood for my 06 Coupe? Thta would have been the way I would have gone. How much lighter is that hood than stock?

Now if you could just make an 06-10 carbon fiber rear hatch with a Lexan window in it and it would drop about 200 pounds there, then that would be be an upgrade. Man that factory hatch is heavy!

You can save a ton of weight just be replacing the rear glass with lexan, I have some if you are interested

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks awesome Steve I might have to send back my fiberglass one to you for the carbon version now that it looks like you have some new ones produced. Let me know those look incredible, and would match my carbon faced wheels perfect!

Andy:2tu:

Hey Andy,

Got your PM, I'll call you tomorrow

Steve

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Andy,

Got your PM, I'll call you tomorrow

Steve

Thanks Steve Looking forward to it!

I might need it to match the CF stuff I have from you!

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

repiv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have a Lexan rear window for a 2006+ Viper Coupe?

i have speedglass (lexan) in my car. search speedglass on google, they have the mold to do it (they did it using my stock glass). Also have windshield as well

David Pintaric

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i have speedglass (lexan) in my car. search speedglass on google, they have the mold to do it (they did it using my stock glass). Also have windshield as well

I just spoke to them, and they don't offer the rear window for the 2006+ coupes. The Comp Coupe yes, but not the street car.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, ever thought about making a matching top and trunk lid like that 2003 SRT10 carbon?

I have a trunklid with a Blended in wing at my composite shop right now for just that purpose, IF you want one, I will make it for you. PM me if you are interested

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4