Carbon Fiber Interior Questions

ROYMAN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Three simple questions for those of you who have replaced interior components with carbon fiber parts, specifically the bezels and gauge cluster:

1. In your opinion, is it worth the extra cost versus a wrap?

2. Do the parts crack/is there a particular vendor to go with for the best quality?

3. Has anyone had any experience/success with removing a special edition badge from their core shifter bezel and remounting it on a carbon fiber one? (I really don't want to loose my mamba badge!"

Thanks in advance!

-Roy

purplesnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My car came factory with the "faux" CF bezel and gauge cluster and I put in the real thing and they look outstanding, particularly on my purple car. I have gotten tons of compliments. :cool: I don't know if there are differences in the look from different sources.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Three simple questions for those of you who have replaced interior components with carbon fiber parts, specifically the bezels and gauge cluster:

1. In your opinion, is it worth the extra cost versus a wrap?

2. Do the parts crack/is there a particular vendor to go with for the best quality?

3. Has anyone had any experience/success with removing a special edition badge from their core shifter bezel and remounting it on a carbon fiber one? (I really don't want to loose my mamba badge!"

Thanks in advance!

-Roy
I am thinking about it as well. CF bonded to plastic is bound to separate sooner or later, hydrofilm will not. Real CF costs more but it does look better due to the depth effect. Tough call I guess... If someone made a mold and started making the actual parts, I would pick that option but it seems nobody does.

Reaction score
I had the only satin one I know of they made, but it was so cool I don't know how I could have gone back, steep price though and make sure you get a good one back as they can send cracked crappy cores to save time.

You must be registered for see images

The one we did for Stallone's ACR convertable