Cars.com review

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He even thinks it has a trak-pak too....

SRT really needs to take notice on who is reviewing their vehicle. It is things like this that starts bad information floating around about their vehicle. Another thing, where did he get the idea to trash the prior Gens? He has obviously never driven a Viper, so he is just making stuff up. Man this bugs me. I hate incompetency.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This guy sounds like an average used car salesman. no Clue what he is talking about

Unfortunately, some of the local dealers that have an allocation of 1 or 2 around the Houston area have the same knowledge levels....

Doesn't bother me since I'd go to Tomball anyways, but apparently some poor saps have paid a $20k addendum and bought the car from someone that can't distinguish a Viper from a Charger...

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol yeah those are venoms, which were my wheels of choice...so glad to see a set instead of always sidewinders...overall, it was positive so i'll take it. fully optioned with EVERYTHING even a stryker car cover (yes its an option) is still thousands less than his # assuming non launch and non stryker red. still, anything positive, is, well, positive.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geez, what a fail, was noting the mistakes but then it just got overwhelming. Pretty shameful for cars.com. We could talk about the mis-info, but it would take a lot of typing and a long thread to cover it all. Defintely the worst info delivery to date on the car. I'm sure this isn't specific to the Viper. Anyone who does this poor of job on a review, must be horrible on them all. Sad.

OP
OP
I

ipetrov

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This review was actually stellar compared to the way they butchered the 2009 srt10 review (worst and most irrelevant viper video I've ever seen from a rag). It seems that this outfit typically gets a high end car for only a few minutes of rolling shots, and based on the caliber of journalism we are seeing, it serves them right. Even the acceleration part of this video was obviously not Cars.com product (it appears to be an SRT driven by Erich Heuschele, a top SRT engineer).

I appreciate the presenter's efforts to give as much information on the car as he could squeeze in 6 minutes, but there are just too many inaccuracies.

OP
OP
I

ipetrov

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If someone undertakes the effort to combine into a single video all the journalistic fallacies about the viper since the Gen I debut, starting with Jeremy Clarkson's truck-engine piece of sheer ignorance, it would probably make a very very long video (it would include the entirety of the Fifth Gear gibberish and flat out disparagement of the Gen III vs. the C6 standard vette). The viper is sadly one of the most misunderstood and discriminated against cars of modern times.

Last edited:

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Host sounds like ****** face neon driver......

My daily driver is a 1997 Plymouth Neon ACR coupe that I bought back in 2000.
Several dozen vehicles in between then and now I keep going back to the Neon. It's still one of the most fun cars I have owned.
Big kid go-kart is the correct thinking.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21