Cat Back Exhaust advice

ACR VYPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am trying to figure out what cat back exhaust system to get. I have read all about the Corsa, Belanger, and Borla:dunno:. I am really leaning toward the Corsa but need some expert/owner/user advice.:eater:
Cheers:beer:,
Ken

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here we go again,,, most favor the corsa , some hate it,,roll the dice

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in same boat, and I wouldn't want to get the wrong one, so, i'm waiting until I can compare the way they sound in the flesh, so to speak. Also, how easy they are to live with (noise)while driving is even more important to me. The thing is, what you may prefer, is very likely not the same for me or the next guy.

OP
OP
ACR VYPR

ACR VYPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very well put okloneranger, I'm trying to find a system to remove the cross-over and a system that sounds great durning WOT. I don't want all that noise driving around town with wife#1 in the co-pilot seat.

Last edited:

alpha85

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Mopar 2.5 street exhaust with 3" hi flow cats. All the guys in the club say I have the best sounding car. It's cheaper too!

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very well put okloneranger, I'm trying to find a system to remove the cross-over and a system that sounds great durning WOT. I don't want all that noise driving around town with wife#1 in the co-pilot seat.

Wife #2 or #3 might like it though :lmao:

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the corsa is a great choice. There is no perfect sound only personal choice in sound. I like mean and loud so when people hang out there window wanting to hear my car at a stop light i can give a quick rev and they know what a big block sounds like!:headbang:

It realy is a role of the dice. Don't get caught up on the power numbers published for each exhausts either. There is little power to be had on just the muffler change. If you cann't decide find some local guys in your club and see what they have done.

ssnaked

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I went with Corsa. Sounds great. I track my car and most guys I run with use Corsa. Be sure to have it properly installed by someone who knows how to install a track exhaust system. If any system is in the wrong position witin the sill port, because the pipes stretch and expand backward when they become superheated on a track, if not pistioned correctly you can burn up your sills. Typical the exhaust tips should not be centered on the sill port. They should be set at the front of the port to allow for expansion.

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This much I can tell you for sure:

First decide if you are staying with the stock 2.5" size or moving up to the 3".

2.5": No power gain to speak of, just an option to change sound, reduce heat.
>Corsa 2.5" ... those that have it, love it
>Mopar 2.5" ... 'slightly' deeper tone than stock

3.0": Maybe some power gain, louder, but not worth doing unless your also going to replace stock 2.5" cats with 3" h/f cats.
>Corsa 3.0" ... no drone while driving, but loudest at start-up (like a Harley motorcycle), nicest tips
>Mopar Race 3.0" ... comes with no-cat (race) elbow pipe, or can you buy 3.0" R-T cat set up; not as loud as Corsa (when used with cats), but some drone while driving, raw-looking slant tips

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This much I can tell you for sure:

First decide if you are staying with the stock 2.5" size or moving up to the 3".

2.5": No power gain to speak of, just an option to change sound, reduce heat.
>Corsa 2.5" ... those that have it, love it
>Mopar 2.5" ... 'slightly' deeper tone than stock

3.0": Maybe some power gain, louder, but not worth doing unless your also going to replace stock 2.5" cats with 3" h/f cats.
>Corsa 3.0" ... no drone while driving, but loudest at start-up (like a Harley motorcycle), nicest tips
>Mopar Race 3.0" ... comes with no-cat (race) elbow pipe, or can you buy 3.0" R-T cat set up; not as loud as Corsa (when used with cats), but some drone while driving, raw-looking slant tips

Wrong!!!!!

You will pick up power with either the 2.5 or 3" system. You will not notice much with hi flow cats over stock cats, but heat will be less. Removing all cats nets the biggest power gain.
You'll see about 10-15rwhp with Corsa, or about 25-30 with cats removed and Corsa.
These are results I personally had on a Dyno.

Without bringing in all the extras like filters, tunes etc, ILLSMOQ dyno'd 471 rwhp with just corsa, NO cats and 496rwhp with adding headers. Thats it, no other mods.

The Corsa makes good power, sounds decent and has no drone in my opinion.

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wrong!!!!!

You will pick up power with either the 2.5 or 3" system. You will not notice much with hi flow cats over stock cats, but heat will be less. Removing all cats nets the biggest power gain.
You'll see about 10-15rwhp with Corsa, or about 25-30 with cats removed and Corsa.
These are results I personally had on a Dyno.

Without bringing in all the extras like filters, tunes etc, ILLSMOQ dyno'd 471 rwhp with just corsa, NO cats and 496rwhp with adding headers. Thats it, no other mods.

The Corsa makes good power, sounds decent and has no drone in my opinion.

Hold on. First, I didn't want to over-sell the power benefit from a cat-back alone. :usa: I don't consider 5-10HP for an $800-$1400 2.5" cat-back system good enough rationale to even mention the power consideration. From your post, it sounds like you have a 3" system, and gained 15HP. And in my terms, I would describe 15HP, as "maybe some."

As for the other gains you spoke of, they all involve removing the cats all together. And obviously, that is going to remove a whole bunch of back-pressure, but that's a whole different way to go altogether (in addition to being illegal). I don't think that was the question at the top of this thread.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did the 2.5" Corsa track system. Keep in mind the 2.5" and 3" Corsa's are exactly the same, in that they are 3" tubing from cats to tips, only difference is that the coupler to the cats is 2.5" for the 2.5" system to bolt up to the stock cats - so there's no hp difference in the Corsa options themselves, the difference comes from moving to 3" cats or deleting them. This is what Corsa tech line told me, they also quoted the 2.5" or 3" at 15rwhp, the move to 3" cats they said would yield about 5rwhp in their experience. 5hp wasn't enough for me to worry about the extra cost & work of replacing my cats.

Sound is improved over stock, not loud, snarly at WOT, much cooler inside car too.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang