Cat monitoring incomplete

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there is nothing wrong with your car, if its not throwing any other codes(cel fault codes) and just a incomplete monitor- YOU ARE NOT DRIVEING THE CAR LONG ENOUGH FOR IT TO TEST- DRIVE THE CAR FOR ABOUT 45 MINUTES AT 55 TO 60 AND IT WILL GO! YOU do not have any problems! your just not gettin er done buddy.... you must have all accesories off and on the hiway

OP
OP
B

banton

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bluesrt, thanks for your help and input, but I tried it and it still didn't work.

So, I decide to take it to a "recommended" shop off the state's emissions website to see if they could help. I go in and tell them what the deal is and show them my failed emissions paperwork. They made my day! While I could not find anything on the state's site, they inform me that as long as I have no CEL's, the state will still pass you if you have 1 monitor incomplete on less than 10 years old and since mine is older than that, I could actually have 2 incomplete monitors and they will still pass me. They double-check with a scanner to confirm, submit some documentation online to the state and send me to the emissions testing station, which I pass! The shop didn't even let me pay them for processing the paperwork for me (great guys). So, sorry for the long recap/conclusion, but perhaps this will be helpful for someone else that has a modified Viper/car that runs into a similar issue. Thanks again to everyone who contributed to this thread and now I am going to go put on my new license plate sticker and go for a drive :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang