Catback hp gains??

mralbuquerque

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen the magnaflow catback on a stock 08 make 11 hp 12 ftlb's torque. I saw a post by 351Carlo that showed a 1 hp gain on basically stock vehicle with the Corsa catback. I spoke to one vendot that said 15 hp gain with a catback on a basically stock vehicle.

Thoughts or dyno evidence to support one way or the other???:omg:

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll bet the house that with an otherwise stock vehicle you will not pick up 15 HP by a catback alone.

I'm not in the business to sell parts, I'm not in the business to sell services. I do have a dyno, and I do have the tuning software, but strictly for personal use. I have nothing to gain or lose by saying it picked up near nothing in the horsepower department and merely a few ft-lbs of torque.

OP
OP
M

mralbuquerque

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a friend who added a corsa catback to his car and got a zero hp gain. I would have thought there would have been a few hp gain due to eliminating the crossover pipes. Maybe the other catbacks flow much better??

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they only hp gain you will get is from bigger exhaust, and will rob bottom end torque,but will improve hp at 120 mph and up- wide open- top end

Tail lights

Viper Owner
Reaction score
On my 2001 gts, I installed corsa larger diameter(3inch as opposed to there 2 -1/2 inch system) cat back. Then I installed a set of ARH headers, I remove my cats completely. Now it's 3 inch front to back. My car definitely has more midrange grunt, But on the dyno, No increase in power. I'm hoping with a Computer retune I will pick up power. Also as I build my motor( its stock now) I expect the headers to show more of anthe increase in power. Any and all feedback is appreciated, Thanks