CEL Flashing codes p0301 and p0316

daffyduck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was driving my 2008 viper when it began hesatating and running poorly.The cel began flashing.I filled up with gas a couple days ago.The tank was half full when the problem began, you'd think if it was due to bad gas it would of occured soon after i filled up.Could it be a bad cam positioning sensor ? I'M Getting codes p0301 which i believe is #1 cylinder misfire and code po316 i don't know what that code is.Any ideas or suggestions will be appreciated Thanks Daffy

Tabs1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wouldnt be driving it around. Call mark at woodhouse or Tator. Where are you located?

Tabs1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mark is where to go then. Call over there monday and he will let you know if you should get it towed there or drive it in depending on the code. Is your gas cap on and tight?

OP
OP
D

daffyduck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did a search for cel flashing.Saw one post where they said if you get a p0301 and p0316 code then you need to have a reflash.Also could possibly be a bad cps sensor or maybe a fuel injector.

OP
OP
D

daffyduck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have found numerous posts of people having this same problem.This seems to be an all too common problem.

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you have missfire codes,how many miles are on your car and curious what month of 08 was it made?you most likely need a reflash or poss fuel injector concern

SSGViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If build date was May 08, it is my understanding that it would have the reflash already. My build date is also May 08 and it has the latest reflash from the factory so please keep us posted on this. Mark will take good care of you! You may want to let him know your VIN so he can check to see if it has the latest reflash. Did your car go into limp mode?

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

daffyduck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got car back today.They replaced the #1 cylinder fuel injector.Car seems fine no mil lights.Your right ,Mark and Woodhouse took care of me.