Center Brake Light Lens Repaint Pics?

bdelass

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Are there any replacement lenses or overlay decals available for the center rear brake light that has the logo in BLACK instead of silver or would a repaint be the only way?

Eseentially I am trying to go straight SSG and black with the car so I have tinted the rear window, removed the silver side emblems (for looks as well as ease of waxing) and am considering a black repaint of the valve covers, brake calipers and wheels....maybe the wheels, I am still on the fence about the black-wheel issue! :)

Any Photoshop wizards out there who might be able to offer their skills on this picture to show what the center brake light change might look like would be appreciated.

Thanks for any replies or search-links that get posted.

Attachments

• 100_0619.jpg
    100_0619.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 100_0617.jpg
    100_0617.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 30
OP
OP
B

bdelass

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice! But yes I was actually thinking of making the silver part of the logo black and leaving the lens itself red. Care to take a crack at that??? :)

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, where did you get your plate frame?

Are there any replacement lenses or overlay decals available for the center rear brake light that has the logo in BLACK instead of silver or would a repaint be the only way?

Eseentially I am trying to go straight SSG and black with the car so I have tinted the rear window, removed the silver side emblems (for looks as well as ease of waxing) and am considering a black repaint of the valve covers, brake calipers and wheels....maybe the wheels, I am still on the fence about the black-wheel issue! :)

Any Photoshop wizards out there who might be able to offer their skills on this picture to show what the center brake light change might look like would be appreciated.

Thanks for any replies or search-links that get posted.

OP
OP
B

bdelass

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks!

I think the license plate frame was an ebay find if I remember correctly....$30-$40 as I recall. I had a chrome frame before, but it looked kind of odd with the black stripes.

Thanks so much for the Photoshop expertise! I need to take the time to learn the ins-and-outs of that program one of these days.

The problem is now I don't know which one I prefer! I kind of like the first one actually though now that I have seen both even though the logo is still silver. I still don't know how I would go about creating something like this though. Perhaps a tinting process like some do with brake/tail lights???

Thanks again!

P.S. While I am at it (and since I have the attention of someone who's avatar title reads "Resident Photoshop Expert"), would you want to help me get off the fence in regards to the "powdercoated black wheel debate"??? :)

Attachments

• 100_0582.jpg
    100_0582.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 100_0569.jpg
    100_0569.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 100_0577.jpg
    100_0577.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 4

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for the info on the plate frame. I personally like the tinted version over the actual trying to make the logo itself black. I dont need PS for you powder coat request. There is a member here who has already done this and it looks good.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
B

bdelass

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for posting those pictures....that is exactly what I had been wanting to see.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang