Center console power plug, no worky, need helpy.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, in the past 2 weeks I've had my car literally completely apart, put in the rollbar with the help of Mr. Sessions, etc. I kinda forgot about my center console power outlet not working while I had it in a million pieces. Too excited about everything else I guess, even though I managed to swap all the speakers & sub, anywho ...

So the center console outlet has no power, the one in the console compartment, the one on top is fine. I've taken all the screws & bolts out of that comparment and it doesn't come out, so I can't seem to get "into it" or under it to check the plug out from behind the scenes. I've checked the fuses and that's all good so I think it's probably some simple disconnect or something on the back side, but the frick do I get in there to check it. Figure a simple wire check or replacing the outlet would do it .. if I can get in there.

Anyone fix one of these stupid things before? I'd like to ignore it, but it annoys me knowing it's not working and would prefer to use for power over the exposed one on top.

Dave

Wiretech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The compartment socket is B+ constant and is fuse#B12 20A and the center console is om the ACC+ and is fuse #B17 20A check that fuse first if fuse is ok than its a wiring issue.

Last edited:

ninjakris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this might sound like an odd, but the center console outlet (cigerete lighter) is shallower than the pop up outlet next to the e-brake. I thought mine wasn't working either, but the accessories I was trying to hook up needed the longer outlets. I verified by pushing in the lighter, and sure enough, it worked. I'm not saying this is your problem, but its something to think about. My car was a 03'

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There are two plugs under the console. Remove the shifter surround panel and reach in where the cut-out is for the window switches. There is a red connector, and another connector right at the back of the lighter.

Also check the fuses as pointed out above.

aqwut

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this might sound like an odd, but the center console outlet (cigerete lighter) is shallower than the pop up outlet next to the e-brake. I thought mine wasn't working either, but the accessories I was trying to hook up needed the longer outlets. I verified by pushing in the lighter, and sure enough, it worked. I'm not saying this is your problem, but its something to think about. My car was a 03'

I had to push my phone charger in really hard to get her into the one on top as well. Did you test the voltage?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4