Certified Viper Technician

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
not sure what it takes,
BUT every dealer does not have one.
they won't even touch the car if they are not certified.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being certified doesnt necessarily make them any good....beware

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Echo that, PaViper.
Talk to the tech before handing over the keys, if you get that sinking feeling, go elsewhere.
The dealer I talked to said that they had more than one certified, one for electrical, one on frame/suspension, one on trim/interior.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What does it take to become one, does every Dodge dealership have one?

As above, no.

To be certified a Tech must attend a Viper Technicians Training Class. This class is everal days in length and covers service techniques that are unique to all Gen Vipers. Of course, some techs do not go back when a new Gen is introduced, so some are certified on only the Gen's they have attended classes on.

Usually, a dealer will only pony up the money (for the class and tools) to send their best tech to class, so for the most part the techs are on the upper end of skills at any given dealer. Here is the problem, and you can blame it on whoever you like.... some Viper repairs such as alignment, can take substantially longer to do than the "bookable" hours the tech can turn in (and gets paid for). So guess what, they do not like to do certain repairs. It took the Viper tech six hours to get my alignment "perfect", but he got paid for substantially less than that. This is where proper tipping may be advised....

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is a good policy to always tip your Viper Tech. They tend to do lots of little things while working on your car, and are not able to bill for these services.

I saw a Viper Tech wiping down the oily undercarriage of a Viper, fresh off the track. He did not want to bolt back on the undercarriage covers over a dirty driveline. In this case, an extra $20 to buy a nice lunch would not be out of line.

For those of you that have a gifted ViperTech, treat them well. They are a true blessing for enhancing the Viper Ownership Experience.

For those of you without a good ViperTech, encourage at lease one local Dealership to provide one, then support the heck out of that Dealer.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Paul said:

"It is a good policy to always tip your Viper Tech. They tend to do lots of little things while working on your car, and are not able to bill for these services.

I saw a Viper Tech wiping down the oily undercarriage of a Viper, fresh off the track. He did not want to bolt back on the undercarriage covers over a dirty driveline. In this case, an extra $20 to buy a nice lunch would not be out of line.

For those of you that have a gifted ViperTech, treat them well. They are a true blessing for enhancing the Viper Ownership Experience.

For those of you without a good ViperTech, encourage at lease one local Dealership to provide one, then support the heck out of that Dealer."

GREAT words of wisdom, Paul. I agree whole heartedly !!!