CHALK UP ANOTHER VIPER WIN!

Mike H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The #53 Viper prepared by Viper Tech Joe Kallas from Gary Barbera Dodge, Roxborough Pa. and driven by Mike Hartley captured the pole position and the win in class at its very first visit at the 2 mile Summit Point SCCA event.
In a field of 24 cars including 8 GT1 and 9 ITE prepared cars Mike Hartley in the #53 started 4th on the grid behind 2 Trans Am style GT1 cars and the Speed Channel World Challenge GT1 Porsche of Genady Soykher. Their was a hard fought battle to win the pole position in the ITE class over the home town regions point leader, Bob Snyder,in his 911 Porsche. At the start of the race the # 04 Porsche got a leap and moved ahead of the # 53 Viper in turn 1. The lead was short lived as the well prepared Viper passed the Porsche in the next lap in turn 1 again. From their on, for the next 15 laps, the Viper handled and performed well and closed within 1 second of the second place Banana Boat Trans Am GT1 car of Frank Sanchez. It was an exciting race and the team looks forward to the next SCCA events at both NHIS and the Watkins Glen SCCA double events.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats.....you beat me to the post. it was great seeing you again....good luck...ps...let me know about the splitter.

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good job Mike. When is the SCCA event at the Glen. I'll drop by ridicule, trash talk and make fun of your competitors lack of skilz.

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Way to go Mike!! Those P-cars are no match for your Snake... Glad to hear #53 is running well again!

It's always great to hear about Viper racing results, especially when it's a win! Keep us posted on your upcoming races.

Rich

KIKNVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not only can Mike drive, but he can write excellent press releases as well. No typos! Congrats Hartley. When you gonna come back to Viper Days so we can womp on your fast car??

Victory is sweet. Enjoy my friend.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Seth Palatnik:
No typos!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MikeH:
Their was a hard fought battle
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well - almost no typos.
wink.gif

Great run! What class were you running, Mike?

OP
OP
M

Mike H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, ok, .....I thought the spell check was working. Apparently, not working as well as the Viper. I wonder if my crew chief has a fix for that one...HMMMM

Seth:....Don't worry, I'll be back to see if that gremlin machine of yours has the nerve to make the pass. (LOL)

Dean:....Right now it's an ITE class in SCCA. We have the car being prepped for everything allowed in the Speed WCGT series, including two balanced and blueprinted new motors.
Look out, there (is that right Dean?) may be a Viper on TV besides the AVR team. We need some more guys trying to keep the Viper banner flying!!!

Thanks guys...