Challenge, 766HP Paxton Viper vs. 711HP Ford GT

Performance Junkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
She said the shifter in the Ford GT reminds me of your bald head so I'm going to squeeze the crap out of it cause your out driving me.
Then the next two important words were Kompressor and Drifting:D

VIPER R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would have been nice to see them switch cars half way through.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool video, it looked like they were exactly equal to me. First race the GT got a bad launch, second race it's clear the Viper started the race ahead. They look very evenly matched. Both great cars.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
flame will shoot out of an exhaust(mostly with no cats) when you let off the go pedal and some unburned raw fuel gets dumped into the hot pipes

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that paxton held its own against that roots type s/c.. :)
Yeah, that is what shocked me too. I was impressed that the Paxton pulled the GT right from the dig. I hope it wasnt driver error, but the Viper accelerated pretty good.

OP
OP
M

Matrix

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I only have removed the secondary cats, no racing cats. the primary cats are still installed.

Here the Modifications:

Paxton Supercharged Dodge Viper Convertible, Corsa Track, secondary cats eliminated, crossovers eliminated, HRE 540R 20" and 19" Wheels, DLM better belt tensioner, DLM intercooler upgrade, Snowperformance Water/Methanol injection, lightweight cromo flywheel, Stage II carbon/kevlar clutch, polyurethane motor- and transmission mounts, hurst short throw shifter, yellow EBC brake-pads with braided stainless steel brake lines, seat lowering kit, HID-fog lights, OMP 4-point seat belts, KW-Suspension, 160° Thermostat, DC-Reflash, Startech roll hoops, oil catch can, Alpine sound system

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I only have removed the secondary cats, no racing cats. the primary cats are still installed.

Here the Modifications:

Paxton Supercharged Dodge Viper Convertible, Corsa Track, secondary cats eliminated, crossovers eliminated, HRE 540R 20" and 19" Wheels, DLM better belt tensioner, DLM intercooler upgrade, Snowperformance Water/Methanol injection, lightweight cromo flywheel, Stage II carbon/kevlar clutch, polyurethane motor- and transmission mounts, hurst short throw shifter, yellow EBC brake-pads with braided stainless steel brake lines, seat lowering kit, HID-fog lights, OMP 4-point seat belts, KW-Suspension, 160° Thermostat, DC-Reflash, Startech roll hoops, oil catch can, Alpine sound system
Oh is that all ;) Just kidding man your Viper is awesome. Good run around that track for sure, way to pull the FGT.

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can you guys explain the benefits of putting a different theromostat in? It just makes the coolant start earlier? Does this keep the normal operating temp around 160? Doesnt that seem really low?

Also how do you remove the cats, do you just buy straight pipe from somewhere and cut the old ones out and weld in the straight pipe? Any perticular place you bought the pipe from? I Have a corsa track and my next step might be removing one or both of the cats, any suggestions? Got any check engine lights?

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you guys explain the benefits of putting a different theromostat in? It just makes the coolant start earlier? Does this keep the normal operating temp around 160? Doesnt that seem really low?

Also how do you remove the cats, do you just buy straight pipe from somewhere and cut the old ones out and weld in the straight pipe? Any perticular place you bought the pipe from? I Have a corsa track and my next step might be removing one or both of the cats, any suggestions? Got any check engine lights?

running a cooler thermostat helps reduce the chance of detonation.

on the cats...I've just cut them out and welded straight pipe in place of them. no codes from removing the secondary cats. If you take them all out then you will need to get o2 sims (which don't always work) or have the trouble codes tuned out of the computer by one of the tuners like DC Performance or do as I did and leave the secondary o2 sensor out of the exhaust system and tie them up near the transmission.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
And the hp comes from the temp differential between the explosion inside the combustion chamber and the engine block temp (up to a point) so you get another 5+hp. There's also less wear on the engine parts whenoperated at 170-180 degrees. The modern engines run so hot because that creates less emmissions.

Buy exhuast pipe at any exhaust shop or order it from any parts supplier. Even with a 160 T-statyour car will still run about 190 and higher inslow traffic. For cooler (170-180) temps you'd have to instal a Roe front fascia scoop, bigger rad or vented cowl/hood. So the T stat helps, but doesn't usually do a whole lot, just a little.

Ted

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960