Challenger SRT Experience

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the worst experience with a car dealer in my life over the past week, ending finally today with no sale. I was trying to buy a 2009 Challenger SRT and take advantage of the employee pricing. I'm from Texas but am currently working in New Jersey and was dealing with a dealer up here. It would take too long to type the entire narrative. I was told today is the last day of employee pricing on the Challenger SRT's by the dealer, but considering the other lies I don't know what to believe. I would still like to purchase one if the promotion is still active.

My question is this:

Is there any way to complain at the Corporate level of Chrysler about my experience where someone might attempt to make it up to me? I've purchased 3 Dodge products in the past 4 years and have sinces paid them all off (2005 Viper, 2005 Ram 3500, 2006 Ram 1500). I would like to think someone at the Corporate level would like to retain a loyal customer. What would be the best way to contact someone willing to hear my story, or is it even worth it?

Thanks

46hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ha..I don't think that will do you much good. I was trying to buy a leftover truck (older than 08) they basically said sorry..we cant help you or the dealer. Good luck but I don't think it really matters right now. Best of luck, if that one does not work out I know of a nice 71 4sp Hemi thats sweet...

Billy Coons

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Local Dealer here said NONE of the 8 Challengers (3 SRT-8's)they're selling qualify for EP because they bought most of their stock from out of state dealerships up north (vice Dodge) to sell here because of better weather. :mad:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I had the worst experience with a car dealer in my life over the past week, ending finally today with no sale. .........My question is this:

Is there any way to complain at the Corporate level of Chrysler about my experience where someone might attempt to make it up to me? I've purchased 3 Dodge products in the past 4 years and have sincs paid them all off (2005 Viper, 2005 Ram 3500, 2006 Ram 1500)..........

Short answer: NO.

DAIMLER APPRECIATES THE DAIMLER-CHRYSLER PRODUCTS YOU BOUGHT IN 04-07
[Thanks from Germany......]

CHRYSLER FINANCIAL WOULD RATHER YOU DID -NOT- PAY THEM OFF!

Not too late to call BUHLER DODGE, a VCA SPONSOR in NJ......

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would raise a big stink and look for a car elsewhere. Get the viper club to boycott the dealer ship

OP
OP
T

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Short answer: NO.

DAIMLER APPRECIATES THE DAIMLER-CHRYSLER PRODUCTS YOU BOUGHT IN 04-07
[Thanks from Germany......]

CHRYSLER FINANCIAL WOULD RATHER YOU DID -NOT- PAY THEM OFF!

Not too late to call BUHLER DODGE, a VCA SPONSOR in NJ......

Jon,

Do you know what city/town Buhler Dodge is located in? I googled it and a few came up. If could PM me their contact info I would appreciate it. Also, do you know if today really was the last day the SRT's are available at employee pricing?

Thanks

OP
OP
T

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't help giving a basic summary:

I was trying to get this for my wife for a B-Day/Valentine's Day present (her B-Day is the day after Valentine's Day)

1) First told EP and zero interest financing was available on the Challenger SRT by the Sales Manager so we start talking a deal.
2) Then in another phone conversation I'm told by him only EP and no zero interest is available.
3) Was told they would only run my credit to 3 lenders and it would only drop it if I was rejected.
4) They ran it to 5 or 6 and dropped my credit score 20 points.
5) First told me the best interest rate they could do was 12.9 because I'm out of state.
6) I find a Credit Union to join up here that says they will refinance if I finance through one of the dealer's lenders and come back in 3 months since I just started with a new employer and only have 2 weeks with them.
7) I call the dealer back and he says the best he can do is 14.something percent interest.
8) Says he doesn't feel comfortable with me being out of state and asks if I can wait to pick the car up until he actually receives the money from the lender and says this should be about a week after we sign the papers. I agreed although I thought this was ridiculous.
9) I'm offered a silly amount for my trade in 2000 Mercedes SLK 230 ($4000) in great condition.
10) The finance guy gets on the phone and says "yeah we got you approved but they want 7400 dollars down" and laughs like I'm incapable of paying this. I ask what the joke is and tell him that's fine if he can get the interest rate down. (I don't know if my southern accent was confused for poor, dumb southern redneck or what?) I had probably 12 phone conversations with these guys over the past week, never went to the dealer in person because I wanted to make sure we could come to an agreement. Most of which I had to keep calling them back as they never called back like they promised.
11) I make the comment to the finance guy that I thought it was strange that he had an anxious and competent buyer on the other end of the phone (me) and I was feeling absolutely no motivation from them to sell a car.
12) He hands the phone back to the Sales Manager and I hear him say "I'm not making any deal with that guy."
13) Sales Manager gets on and says "sorry but we won't be able to make a deal with you"

Missed half a days work today to make this work, had my credit score knocked down 20 points, and won't be able to keep the promise I made to my wife (I am bad with secrets) after seeing her face light up with joy when I let the cat out of the bag too early.

Thank you Carmen Dodge of New Castle, Deleware!!!

Last edited:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Buhler Dodge, Eatontown NJ 732 544 5515 Darren, .......................Or JoeH 732 531 4600

But I belive today the EP went away on SRT8. The commercial shows the R/T...very ****!

OP
OP
T

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
12%!!! WHAT ARE THEY FN NUTS--

was your credit decent?

I had a relatively large hit ($10K) about 7 years ago but it's right at the 700 mark. Not perfect but not horrible. That interest rate is the highest I've been quoted for anything. I paid less than that when my score was 120 points lower a few years back.

X-Metal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a relatively large hit ($10K) about 7 years ago but it's right at the 700 mark. Not perfect but not horrible. That interest rate is the highest I've been quoted for anything. I paid less than that when my score was 120 points lower a few years back.
you are not that bad, but not great either. with the credit crunch being what it is, banking and good rates are all about who you know. you are from out of state, new job etc, these all play a factor for each lender in their own personal scoring system.
have you talked with your own bank whom you do business with?--i saved 4 points going with my own credit union vs who the dealer used where i just got my 08, i have an 800 score. like i said its not that easy these days, lenders are tighting up

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you are not that bad, but not great either. with the credit crunch being what it is, banking and good rates are all about who you know. you are from out of state, new job etc, these all play a factor for each lender in their own personal scoring system.
have you talked with your own bank whom you do business with?--i saved 4 points going with my own credit union vs who the dealer used where i just got my 08, i have an 800 score. like i said its not that easy these days, lenders are tighting up

I bank with Bank of America and from my experience they are the most impersonal bank you can go with but they are located just about everywhere and my profession causes me to relocate regularly- worked in 11 states in the past 11 years. I tried using them to finance my Viper and ended up going with CitiBank ir Capital One (can't remember, I've used both) because they were a joke...same thing on the 2006 Ram. If it wasn't for convenience I wouldn't use Bank of America.

Reaction score
Wow, 14% seems utterly ridiculous, or anywhere close to double digits.
I assume the EP and 0% financing CF would have required a higher credit score maybe a lot closer to the 800 range.

Even though I would never recommend it, do you have a HELOC?

OP
OP
T

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, 14% seems utterly ridiculous, or anywhere close to double digits.
I assume the EP and 0% financing CF would have required a higher credit score maybe a lot closer to the 800 range.

Even though I would never recommend it, do you have a HELOC?

Not interested in this method, but thanks (for not recommending)...LOL

albinonile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ditto on captial one---have used them 4 or 5 times in the past with great success. Not sure if they do the over the phone check thing anymore, but at least as of last year--you could call them and they do everything in 10-15 minutes on the phone and will overnight you a blank check. If you are buying from a dealer new, you get the best rate--if you have them autodebit your payment you also get a rate reduction. Very nice to work you best deal with a dealership and let them think you are financing which usually can get you an even better deal as they make a good chunk off getting you financed. Then when you get them to the best price--you tell them you will finance through them if they can get you the same deal you got with captial one. If they cant match which they never usually can. Write a check for the whole thing. This has worked out very well for me in the past, but not sure they are lending as freely at this time.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are serious about the challenger my texas dealer will get you the srt8 challenger you want with no hassle....PM and i will give you the salesman # and name

c10.JPG

Last edited:

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd stay shy of that dealer for sure. We've all bought enough cars to know the drill: The salespeople sweet-talk you like you're their best friend. Once the sale is done, they turn you over to the service department, who treat you like a pariah. I've been through this enough times to ask the sales manager to introduce me to the service manager and tell him right up front I expect to be treated as well as the day before the sale. If the salespeople are already jerking you around, as they say in Jersey, fuggedaboudit.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte