Changing Brake Pads Looking for old thread with 29 pics ...Help

MR VENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doing research of old threads and seen "Tomcat" was looking for an old thread that had about 29 pics of changing brake pads. His request was posted on 5-17-02, and it appears someone sent him a PM with the link. Anyone know where I can find the info. Its raining (yes, here in Socal) and now is the time to do my install. Thanks.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Seems to me that Jay posted that great set of photos for EBC Greenstuff pad change...but it also seems to me that it died with photoshop. Maybe I'm wrong...and maybe, Jay can repost.

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used the service manual for this and the fluid change and it was outstanding, pics and all. The only hang up for me was the little retaining clip on the rears go in different on each side. You'll see what I mean when you inspect it before you remove it. Easy once I saw it. EASY PROCESS.

I bought the 3M 3" sanding disc brake kit and scuffed the rotors...very easy process. I did the fronts with rotors on the car...very easy - put two lug nuts in to hold them still - and removed rear rotors since they come right off.

Brian Denham

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jay and I did the full tech article, but it never got posted to that section of the viperclub.org. I still have the pictures on my hard drive at home. The only problem is that I dont have enough webspace to host them on the net. If anyone is willing to host them and post the link for all to see/use, I'll be glad to email the set of pictures to that person. Contact me at [email protected]

Brian Denham

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are all 640x480 res. I may have a solution for hosting, but I'll have to wait untill I get home to try it. If it works, I'll post the link on this thread.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
THANKS, Brian..."countless" VCA members have used your photos (as housed in my notebook on brakes) as they changed the pads at my house. It would be GREAT for ALL to be able to access such FINE work again !!!

OP
OP
M

MR VENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brian & Jay. Thanks to both of you gentlemen. You are a graphic description of what the word "club" means. I appreciate the time expended in "documenting" this installation. Your contribution is an asset to the "viper" community.

RayG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, I plan on doing my brakes this weekend. (front pads) How important is scuffing the rotors? What grit sandpaper should I use? Thanks!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I always do it...removes residue...MUST do it if going from carbon-metalic (OEM) to Kevlar (as in EBC Greenstuff).

I usually use a 3M Brake Rotor Surfacing Kit which has 120 grit paper on 3" discs...they work really well with an electric drill.

RayG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just finished doing it. Pretty easy for a novice like me. I was so worried that I was preparing my next post as: For Sale Viper with front end damage.
Thanks to the great pictures here and my Viper service manual it was cake. Thanks a lot guys!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang