changing break fluid ina 2004

banshe302

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Im changing my break fluid to a hi temp anyone have any tips . Keep in mind im doing it the old school way i dont have one of those fancy bleeders all i have is a helper any tips on how to would be great thanx in advence .

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Using a turkey baster or paper towels take the fluid out of the reservior first.
Then fill the reservior with new fluid.
Then start the old school way.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I did it as Chuck said and the old school way, but I also purchased speed bleeders. They screw in and replace your existing bleeder. I think they were like $75 or so. It makes it a one man job to bleed the brakes. You dont have to pump and crack the bleeder. Its built so that it pushes fluid out as you pump and doesnt allow air back in.
It works so weel, you have to keep an eye on resevoir level or you'll drain the fluid out in no time.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did it as Chuck said and the old school way, but I also purchased speed bleeders. They screw in and replace your existing bleeder. I think they were like $75 or so. It makes it a one man job to bleed the brakes. You dont have to pump and crack the bleeder. Its built so that it pushes fluid out as you pump and doesnt allow air back in.
It works so weel, you have to keep an eye on resevoir level or you'll drain the fluid out in no time.

Same here, but think they cost ~$100 for 8. Definitely the route to go.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Whatever you do, don't get air in your system as it takes a DRB III to cycle the ABS controller while you are bleeding the brakes once air is present.

Careful attention to the reservoir level should avoid above.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4