chargers fault..

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well i figured id beat the cold this year so i put the trickle charger on befor it got cold.I went out last week and the charger was saying bad bat...Well looked at it today and sure enough she was swollen so bad i almost didnt get it out from it holding bracket.hope it looks in good shape for spring so i can take it back and get a new one.:DAny name brands for a great bat.?

OP
OP
C

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol yeah guess when you read the same post on front page so many times you just start to ignore it.

supersnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Usually, Batteries if they are dry, they usually do not have a problem Shipping. If it is a wet fill, that is were I have found the problem with shipping, even if it is a sealed unit there is still the chance of getting crushed in transport and acid or gel all over. There are lots of places here that you can have a battery filled and not have to purchase a battery from them.:D:D

Hayabusa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also, don't forget the charger. Don't know what you're using but I learned from motorcycles. Used a well know charger brand and had issues. Now all my toys are on C-Tek charger/conditioners. Saw the guys on Dream Car Garage (Legendary Motorcars from up your way) fawning over the C-Tek on a episode several years ago. They were right!!!

The smartest battery chargers in the world, by CTEK Power INC.

OP
OP
C

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well after few weeks of searching .some good prices and some really stupid **** prices the snake is back to life.Just incase any of you are dead set on buying from a Dodge dealer just remeber just because like in Red Deer the two dealer shops are a block apart does not mean the prices will be the same.First place was a price of 150$ for the batterie and the second Dodge dealer{NWD} was 290$.What a ******* the owner of the second shop is.Well needless to say got the batterie from some place other then Dodge.Dont care if they go under i will never ever support a local Dodge dealer when there prices are so stupid.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dodge dealerships are just like every other business, you have good ones and you have bad ones.

Willowbrook Chrysler owner is a VCA member and seems like he would make sure you get excellent service at his Dealership. He must also have one of the best Viper tech in Western Canada because he has so many Vipers in stock. He's in Langley

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The best batteries for performance cars is the ones are designed so that the 'plates' don't move and sometimes touch in extreme action (road racing, 4x4 etc). Forget the name but I bought one for my Stealth R/T TT. Normal high quality battery in my Viper seems just fine and works perfectly so no point in replacing it with a $250-350 battery unless/until I have a problem.

Ted

OP
OP
C

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the new less priced none dodge dealer battery seems great .Car starts as if it was new and trickle charge tells me it's at 100%.So as long as the f'ing charge stays on this time and we dont get any more freezing weather i should be good for this year.LOL

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'ved used the Canadian Tire branded chargers for years. I keep my Viper, motorcycle and race car batteries on them all winter - in fact they are on right now.

I've never had an issue..... so far.

Greg

OP
OP
C

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mine is a canadian tire charger just my power went out and the charger never started when it came back on.

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well after few weeks of searching .some good prices and some really stupid **** prices the snake is back to life.Just incase any of you are dead set on buying from a Dodge dealer just remeber just because like in Red Deer the two dealer shops are a block apart does not mean the prices will be the same.First place was a price of 150$ for the batterie and the second Dodge dealer{NWD} was 290$.What a ******* the owner of the second shop is.Well needless to say got the batterie from some place other then Dodge.Dont care if they go under i will never ever support a local Dodge dealer when there prices are so stupid.

Shane,
Since I know Graham and Fred Moore personally at Northwest Motors and their parts always come in lower by about 10% than the other guy I felt there must be an apple and an orange in this somewhere. I am right. The battery you bought is not the one that came in your car. It is a Walmart battery (ie. generic). It is a group 34-78 (side and top posts) with 700 CCA.
The one that came with your Viper is a Group 78 (side post only) 770 CCA. When someone asks NWM for a Viper battery they assume they want original equipment and quote accordingly. Their price on the generic one that you bought is $142.00.
I am not saying your battery is no good. I am just setting the record straight on pricing. SSD must use the generic book on batteries, hence their lower price when originally asked.

OP
OP
C

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i asked for a viper battery the girl asked some guy what one they used they priced it and had a nasty price.After i said thanks some other guys asked her what they priced and he said oh o.k. .if they had another style that would have worked they should have said so but since she did not know her job at the parts counter she had no clue what else to do.they should train these people better if they want good words posted on them.there loss not mine money elsewhere.Atleast the other dealer had someone who knew there stock and knew that a battery with top post would most likely not work with the space used so he only had one type that would work properly.

OP
OP
C

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
out of the five places I went two the other four when i asked for battery either told me they only carry one type for the car or gave me three or four different types of batteries and prices for the car.Even Canadian tire guy knew to list off all option they had for the car.Not trying to piss anyone off.I am just saying when someone asks you for something and you have multiple choices for the answer then for sale aspect of the company you should most likely list off multiple products if you carry them.This will therefor increase the % chance of that customer buying from the company you work for.In the world as of this time every cent that a company can make will help it out until the big bucks start flowing again so multiple choices in products is a great way to get the mighty cent into there bank account.No matter who knows who now a days.When someone is givin one high price and no other choice then odds are they will shop around for a place with either one lower price or multiple choices with perhaps multiple lower prices.