Check Engine soon codes, What did these mean if anything? Guru's, Jon B, anybody

RickV2K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Check Engine soon codes, What did these mean if anything? Guru\'s, Jon B, anybody

sounds like low CPU voltage to me. microprocessors are the only thing i know that use that kind of voltage. gl.

Rick

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Re: Check Engine soon codes, What did these mean if anything? Guru\'s, Jon B, anybody

"Could" be an actual PCM fault as it regulates the 5V signal used for sensors.

Tom Shapiro

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Alan, my 98 GTS just isn't happy unless the "service engine soon" light is on. My Viper tech has replaced the leak detection pump(code P1494), replaced the fuel pump module, and replaced the vacum harness. The light was off for about 30 days and popped on again last week. Ran the computer check and got P0442-small leak detected. I think I'm just going to drop a couple Zantac in the tank at my next fill up and see if that helps!

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JonB-Pace Car Pilot:
Everything to do with 5V circuits has to do with sensor voltage.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you Jon! I won't say anything else.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

Alan, I have those codes in 2001 service manual...not sure about amount of help it would be...you can call me at 317-431-1375 if you like.