Check out the new car in my sig.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't need it, but I couldn't help myself :) It's like my Omni GLH was reincarnated. Question is ??? Should I put white stripes on it ? (SRT4)

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tangent...

I heard one of these lil suckers the other day and ya know what? It sounded pretty dang good! I was pretty pleased with the note actually...and I'm pretty picky about exahust tone.

OP
OP

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will !!! I just got back from Nashville tonight with Mike Robbins my dealer/buddy. We went to pick up what we call the Psycho Viper.....I haven't heard a Viper that loud and beating the ground like this Viper does. Anyway.....we didn't roll the SRT4 off the showroom until 10pm tonight. I did take it out Sunday for about 25 miles....it will make you smile :) Here is blue pic from the web:

248srt-4_blue.jpg

248srt4_blue2.jpg

monnieh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am dying to own one. I had a 98 Neon ACR and just loved it. It inspired me to get a Viper ACR! :)

Any word on an ACR SRT-4?

Firewater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hell yeah.....the blue color looks bada**!

I have a neon R/T and was considering an SRT-4 to tide me over until I could afford a viper, but as things are looking, I might be getting a viper sooner than I thought!! I can't wait!

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know what they say....once you go blue, you never go back, or something like that.

Tony, now all you have to do is get the truck and you will have a complete set of Vipers.

John

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice Tony,

What a blast getting beat by a ricer in the SRT and then bringing out the GTS.

"Hold on 10 minutes I'll be back with something a little quicker!"hahahaha.....

In College I had a daily driver 5.0 (high 13's AOD) and then a heads/cam/4.10 slicks 5.0 (12.2/1.56) for fun. I would go troll for losses with the AOD and play the same game. Hold on, I'll be right back with something else! Lotsa fun....

OP
OP

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry man, but why would you get excited about that car when you have an airplane and a supercharged viper?

Hard to explain. If you had ever ridden in a factory turbo GLH Omni you would understand. The SRT4 is the same....just starting out the same place as a modded GLH. It's kinda like a Vette guy thinking a Viper isn't such a big deal until he drives one for 15 minutes. Not to mention a Neon is a fairly usful car. I keep one (1997)at the airport in Clearwater Fl. and it has an amazing payload......I have had all kinds/sizes of stuff in it.

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats cool. If you like it thats great.

I am usually the other way around. I bought a WRX because I used to be into turbo cars and liked turbo lag - until I bought one then I was mad that it didnt have enough power. I drove a factory turbo GLH in high school. I guess it was kind of neat. Neat like the DOdge daytona shelby. Sort of.

Some people with vettes think vipers are no big deal because they have not driven one and have not experienced the power. I should hope I can understand the power of a Neon. I knew what you meant by your comparison but it was backwards. :)

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
turbo mopars kick ass. My 87 shelbyZ has got over 200,000 original miles on the original engine/turbo. It has never been apart. Only drivetrain component that's been changed is the tranny. Only engine work has been a timing belt and exhaust manifold gasket. Drive it daily.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blue is a new color just out for the 2004 SRT-4, and now the 2004 model comes standard with limited slip diff, and adds a bit more power too.

I drove a couple '03 SRT-4 and found that they were nice cars for right around $20K, and the '04 is better, and in my favorite color now too.

Enjoy,
-Dean.

OP
OP

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I should hope I can understand the power of a Neon.

Yea, You got me there :) I know what you are saying......it won't keep up with the airplane or the Viper but will make a nice (cheap/sporty) baggage transit vehicle to the hanger.

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
turbo mopars kick ass. My 87 shelbyZ has got over 200,000 original miles on the original engine/turbo. It has never been apart. Only drivetrain component that's been changed is the tranny. Only engine work has been a timing belt and exhaust manifold gasket. Drive it daily.

Okay now THAT'S pretty f'n impressive. 200K on the clock? How's she run?

I always wanted one of those back in HS...some rich kid in my school had one and he used to tease us ENDLESSLY with rides in it after school. Perfect pearl white as I recall with white leather. Man that car was the **** back in the early 90's. The SOB even got to park it in the teachers parking lot while the rest of us losers had to park our Rabits and Bugs on the streets, keeping the meters full in between classes. :rolleyes:

Then he sold it and bought an exotic. That **** started driving this sick black 944 Turbo in his Junior year. We were so not worthy....

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats cool. If you like it thats great.

I am usually the other way around. I bought a WRX because I used to be into turbo cars and liked turbo lag - until I bought one then I was mad that it didnt have enough power. I drove a factory turbo GLH in high school. I guess it was kind of neat. Neat like the DOdge daytona shelby. Sort of.

Some people with vettes think vipers are no big deal because they have not driven one and have not experienced the power. I should hope I can understand the power of a Neon. I knew what you meant by your comparison but it was backwards. :)

Man, it's a big messed up world of relativity, ain't it? :)

Imagine having the scratch to daily drive a McLaren F1...

OP
OP

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you mean planning.....I was breaking it in while Ringgold Chy/Dodge still owned it :laugh: In fact, on my test drive I got into a race with a 350Z and pulled the shift knob off.

S

SUN RA KAT

If the shift knob came off, then you must put on two white stripes.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't need it, but I couldn't help myself :) It's like my Omni GLH was reincarnated. Question is ??? Should I put white stripes on it ? (SRT4)

White stripes? But of course! :headbang: :usa:

VenomousRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My truck will be paid off in a month. I start school in January. My internship with Mercedes starts at the end of January. My first paycheck WILL be a downpayment on a Black 2004 SRT-4. I'm converting my truck to pro-street and need a good daily driver. Then maybe a few years down the road when I've worked as a technician for a while.....I will get my viper.

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you mean planning.....I was breaking it in while Ringgold Chy/Dodge still owned it :laugh: In fact, on my test drive I got into a race with a 350Z and pulled the shift knob off.

It's funny you mentioned that, one of the SRT's I modded had the same thing happen to the owner. I think you should paint the Mooney blue and stripe it as well.

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I forgot to mention, I'm direct with ATP. So, if you need any goodies at a great price for that beast, drop me a note.

alabamaacr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony,
Jackie said she will kick your a$$ if you abuse (or paint stripes on) HER car.

OP
OP

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha...Tell her it is HER fault I now have MORE payments. Any other color and I would have been ok. You know I really am not abusing it.