Chilis Lunch this Saturday 09/10/11.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This event has been on our schedule and reservations have been made with Chilis at 4:30 PM (Thanks Zoomie!). The address is:

Chilis
1312 Londontown Blvd
Sykesville, MD
Tel (410) 552-9970

There is a bi-weekly car show in the adjacent Lowes Parking Lot. All makes and models are present. The plan is to have dinner at Chilis and then head over to the show. If you don’t wish to eat prior to the show, feel free to come out just for the show. The weather should cooperate with us. Please let me know if you plan on attending and how many will be eating so that we can make necessary seating arrangements.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've gotta do a school thing with my son tomorrow but I'll make if I'm not too late. How long you think yall be at Chilli's?
Dave.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, unless there's only a few people, the larger meals take at least 2 hour or so, and then if its not dark, and we all head over to the cruise-in for a bit...that's getting damn close to 7-7:30, which is not too long before dark anyways!

OP
OP
ViperJohn

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sure we will be at Chilis until about 6:00 PM or so, then head over to the cruise in.

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like the weather is gonna hold up, and I can get out of work early so count me in.

DaDood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was an awesome event. Too bad for those who missed it.

On a quick side note, I never felt slower (or more like a loser) in my Viper than on my drive home next to Aries's twin turbo '06. Good freakin' God that thing is fast. He and I are going back and forth flooring it along Rt. 70 in MD and I remember specifically coming up behind him full throttle around a reasonable turn probably going around 100 mph thinking I might actually be able to stay ahead of him for a little bit (also laying off a bit because I was not sure how much more the Viper could take in the turn). No more than 2 seconds after I passed a "cruising" Aries did he not only pass me, but he passed me like I wasn't even moving and left me thinking two things: 1) Holy crap, I could feel that in my chest (and now I'm deaf!) and 2) My car is way too slow.

Definitely one of the most fun cruises I've had in a while. For those of you who have not seen Aries (Joe's) Twin Turbo, that thing is a freakin' beast!

Nice cruise Aries!:headbang:

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was defintiely a great time, I'll admit it was nice to go to a car event and not wear a helmet all day, lol.

I for one hated Joe's car. Because he made me 2nd guess myself yet again about moving to the Gen4 vs modding the hell outta my Gen3, dang it. OK, OK, so I loved his car, but if you didn't, then you're just not a "car guy". Even though with my car sitting next to his, & his hood up, I could literally hear my car whispering to me, "ah c'mon, do something to me for Pete's sake, this is embarrassing".

Dave.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kodiakleather