Chimazo

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the response that makes me chuckle. Talk about pride of ignorance! What a putz!

You confirmed everything I've heard about vipers.
Never been in one and don't plan on it either.
You must be registered for see images

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:crazy2: What a bad trade... :crazy2:

I considered a GT500 before I bought my Viper. The interior in the GT500 was cheap and the car is fat around the haunches.

But I guess whatever floats your boat. :cool:

Only car I would trade my Viper for is a Ford GT. Anyone dealing???? :lmao:

vipzilla

Viper Owner
Reaction score
what a looser he didnt deserve a viper im sorry i would not trade a bottle of a fine wine for a glass of beer !!!!!

chimazo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently this tool from your local VCA organization has decided that a Viper is a crappy kit car, and the Mustang is some kind of step up.
What a putz.
He must be 90 years old.

You traded your Viper for WHAT??!! - Corvette Forum

What kind of loser feels the need to "defend" an inanimate object?

Never said it was a "crappy kit car," either, Einstein. All I offered was MY opinion based on MY experience. Actually, for those that don't feel like following the link, here is EXACTLY what I said:
"Loved the looks of the car, but hated driving it - claustrophobic interior, very tight fit for me, too loud to carry on a conversation, ****ty stereo, hard to get in and out of (I know, I must be getting old), horrible ride, felt like I was driving a kit car, and a zillion gawkers. Other than that, it was an awesome car!"

Not that I need to explain myself, but for Jonny's sake, I will, and I will speak sllooowwly so he understands. By saying my RT/10 felt like a kit car, I was referencing its many squeaks and rattles, and its featherweight doors. Does that make sense? And everything else I said was true, for ME.

I think Jonny needs something for his self-esteem if he gets so upset because I didn't happen to enjoy my Viper.

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like I said, not a car for an tired old man.

Last edited by a moderator:

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only logical reason I can come up with why you did this was to pick up high school girls. jk :lmao:

Anyway, good luck with the new car, but I have a feeling that you will be regreting this in about 6 months. I bet you end up selling/trading it in for a corvette (which will definitely be a step up).

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper is not for everyone. That's a well established fact.

Darren is not the first or last to make this type of move. His post on the corvette forum is about how everyone was shocked at what he did as well. Didn't really see it as an attack on the Viper, but a perspective on his justification.

Darren, best of luck and enjoy your new ride. Good luck selling the wheels as well.

Also, I remember meeting Darren last fall. By no means is he 90 years old, infact I'd say he is in his 30's and the guy is built like an NFL linebacker.

Anyways, let's just all agree to disagree and move on.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only logical reason I can come up with why you did this was to pick up high school girls. jk :lmao:

Anyway, good luck with the new car, but I have a feeling that you will be regreting this in about 6 months. I bet you end up selling/trading it in for a corvette (which will definitely be a step up).

I thought he already had a Vette. Pretty sure he had the Vette and Viper at the same time.:dunno:

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought he already had a Vette. Pretty sure he had the Vette and Viper at the same time.:dunno:

Pretty sure he sold the vette and got the viper. My point was that he seems like a corvette guy and will be back into his first love in the near future. I by no means was attacking him...he should buy whatever makes him happy with his money. Mine was just fun teasing....some of these guys are harsh.

chimazo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I wouldn't mind picking up some high school girls, but my wife probably would.:nono:

I didn't take what you said as anything but kidding, Doug. I did sell my blown Z06 shortly after buying the Viper, and I did consider getting a C6 varient, but I've never owned a Ford and wanted to try something different. I like fast cars, and I don't see it as a step up, down, or sideways. Not that it matters, but I had to pay another $9k on top of my Viper trade-in.

And thanks, ViperJohn, for being one of the few who could see that I was merely giving my perspective. And yes, I'm not an old man, though I do take naps.

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chimazo,

I could be wrong, but are you not the guy that hit the curb or something and needed an alignment a while back. Your post on the other forum about an 1,100 dollar experiment made me think of that. I am probably wrong. Good luck on the new wheels.

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely love the Shelby!!!Absolutely would not trade my GenII
coupe for a GT500 and a GT500KR(would for the money,but not to keep the cars,Im not stupid)
Different strokes for different folks.If you like the electronic stuff and amenities The Viper is definately not your cup of tea.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang