Chin Motorsports / Trackdaze

vdogg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone have experience running HPDE events with either of these groups? I have run with 10/10ths, 3 balls, and MVP
And like all three of these groups but considering heading to a few tracks they don't rent. Any feedback on Chin or Trackdaze would be appreciated. thanks.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never run with Chin as I think they are to expensive. They charge membership and instructor fees if you've never run with them no matter experience. I have been to a couple of their events and they seem to be well run. Where are you located? I've rented out a couple of tracks this upcoming year and am hosting some events. If you close you should defiantly come as we really limit the amount of participants which really opens up the track and everyone has a good time. checkout www.flatoutmotorsports.us

OP
OP
V

vdogg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info MTGTS. I will keep an eye on your web site for tracks closer to Indiana. That is a bummer to hear that Chin makes you have an instructor and charges for it. Don't get me wrong, instructors are very valuable, but it should be ones choice if they are an experieinced HPDE diver.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info MTGTS. I will keep an eye on your web site for tracks closer to Indiana. That is a bummer to hear that Chin makes you have an instructor and charges for it. Don't get me wrong, instructors are very valuable, but it should be ones choice if they are an experieinced HPDE diver.

That's what makes it safe and enjoyable for ever one. Many people THINK the can drive and if you can then they will sign you off, if not then you need to learn the ropes so you don't take yourself or somebody else out. It's a lot of fun though. Never raced with chin but with many other clubs.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's what makes it safe and enjoyable for ever one. Many people THINK the can drive and if you can then they will sign you off, if not then you need to learn the ropes so you don't take yourself or somebody else out. It's a lot of fun though. Never raced with chin but with many other clubs.
I completely understand the need for checkout rides and absolutely agree they are necessary. Charging $75 for one is what I have a problem with.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my experience they did not charge you for instructors because the instructors didn't have to pay for their track day if they instruct. That may have changed. I've been out of the loop for a few years. I think many instructors now would rather pay the track fee then get in the car with some newb in his new Zo6, M3 or Viper.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran with Chin last year at Autobahn. No problems and pretty safe operation..IMO.
Had to give track experience before they would let me run solo. No problem there.

The event was run very similar to the way Mark runs MVP.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure what part of the states you are in but myself and 4 other viper track nuts do a lot of the PCA HPDE events and primarliy at Mid-Ohio and Putnam. I run the open Lapping day at Mid-Ohio nearly every month.