Chin spoiler getting beat up….

WHOSNEXT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought a 04 vert in mint condition, over the weekend I was cleaning the car and noticed under the front spoiler I now have gouges in the spoiler from bottoming out….
I think its from my driveway as it has a dip at the street entrance, I try to hit it at a angle and go slow but it is still hitting….what is everyone else doing for front protection for this issue?

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks like a good idea? does anyone know if it works?

I have one on my 08 Vert. It does protect the center section but, as stated above, you will still get scratches on either side depending on what you hit. Installation was fairly straight forward. On my 08 though there is a L shaped plastic scuff piece that extends downward where the bumper cover bolts to the underside of the car. I assume this was added to provide some additional protection, my 03 and 06 did not have this strip. I had to notch it for proper fit. I suppose I could have just removed it as well.

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try backing up the driveway, that has worked well for me.

repiv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tried that once the HOA was not pleased....commies :mad:

griots sells something that has the safe effect at the boards, made of recyled tires, looks better. My **** HOA will probably complain, but I just ignore!

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear your pain. After I first bought my GTS, it scraped every time I went into and out of my driveway, and left a GTS Blue stripe on the concrete. It hurt me to drive it. Then, the blue paint wore away and it stopped leaving the marks on the driveway, so at least I didn't have to look at it :) What are actually worse are some driveways into gas stations and other businesses - there's just no angle you can take to avoid the awful scrape. And, don't even get me started on the gradual dips in roads that you never noticed until you're in the Viper and going fast - that scraping sound at high speed is horrific. Or, forgetting that the fascia won't clear a curb or concrete parking stop... It's about the only real complaint I have about the car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang