Chrome Emblems

PIT VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We've had our sapphire blue w/silver stipes 2001 ACR for a week now and I swear that it gets better looking every day. I was wondering if anyone knows whether Dodge sells chrome emblems for the rear bumper ("Dodge" and "Viper GTS") to match the chrome "Viper GTS" emblems which are on the fenders. I purchased a complete set of silver emblems prior to learning that the car came with Chrome emblems. However, I would rather find chrome emblems for the rear, rather than switching all of the emblems over to silver.

P.S. Since I have a complete set of brand new silver colored Viper GTS emblems which I do not need, I probably should sell them. The set includes the front fender "Viper GTS" emblems and the rear bumper "Dodge" and "Viper GTS emblems". They cost me about $200 and took almost an act of God to find the part numbers. I will sell the set for $150. Send me an email if you would like to buy them.

Rich Detert

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Silly as it sounds D.C. doesn't seem to make chrome emblems for the rear bumper.

I got chrome hood emblems for my 94, but the dealer said there is no part number listed for chrome emblems for the rear bumper.

I'd swear someone here posted a pic of a Steel Grey Viper with chrome rear emblems though.

Brian Denham

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How hard is it to swap those emblems around? Mine are red right now like the car, but I really like the look of those chrome/silver ones. Really stands out! Is this something that can be done at home or best left to an autobody shop or dodge?

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was the one who drove everyone nuts researching this issue. My findings follow:

1) NO Chrome letters for back bumper of Vipers.
You must be registered for see images

2) Silver letters are available, same color as silver '98 and '99. Call JonB at Partsrack.

3) Removal of old letters supposedly easy, just heat with blow dryer and peel off or pull a piece of fishing line between letter and bumper. Any residue can be removed by rubbing with finger or wiping with cloth impregnated with WD40 or 3M glue remover. I have not yet removed mine due to lack of time and fear of screwing it up and waiting (hopefully) that someone will come up with some chrome letters.

4) The steel gray RT/10 pictured on this board belonged to Layne and Liem, now belongs to Gadgetman. I determined with their help that the bumper letters on that car were indeed silver. LOOKS GREAT, but not exactly what I want.

Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently replaced my stock red viper rt/10 emblems with the chrome. They came off rather easy. Just heat for a few minutes with the hair dryer and start peeling. Took about 10 minutes each side. Also used 3M General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner P/N 08987. That stuff works great.

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe Tony "Vipermad" (who spends endless hours writing code for this board) had access to - or at least had samples of - some chrome logos for the Viper. Tony??
I, personally, have NO Viper logos on my car (except for RT/10 on the front calipers, and Viper on the rear calipers), and I think it looks cool.
But then again, of course *I* would, or why else would I leave it like that?

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Tony's are like the OEM, but are luminescent and/or multi-colored. I also saw some in Dallas that were flat stickers that the guy had placed on top of the OEM's to get the color he wanted Looked pretty good but not what I wanted. He said he had a sign shop make them for him.

Hey Mark, how's my Sebring/golf story buddy? Played Cypress yet?

(Sorry Tony, is this better?)

VipermadJR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ones I have access to are NOT flat...they are STOCK SPEC in EVERY way!
What I have access to are called SHIMMERS, and unfortunatley I am right in the middle of moving house so I am a bit disorganized right now....but the VIper will be in my own garage in a few days (if this darn snow would stop!!). I'll try a picture:

OK, not the best I could find...but I am in the dark here on my son's computer with free dial-up access. As I said, these are exactly like stock in appearance (well, except color of course), and can be ordered in several different colors. The original "Glow in the dark" in White, Red, Black, Yellow. What you see above is the "Cracked Ice", then the "Lollipop Red", and then the original. I will be back online 100% with DSL in a few days. In the interim I am working with my temporary e-mail, so if you want me to read something before I can download it from my server, write to [email protected]

Ta'

Hisser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Questions is: Do you have chrome as the tread stated? Those look really nice but the problem is locating chrome for the rear. I also have chrome on the sides of my red 98 rt which look killer and would look the same on the rear. I which someone would take this task on of hooking up with a manufacturer that would produce them for us? My .2 cents

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte