Chrylsers at Carlise

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan,
I'll be there!!

And thanks for painting my snake-oyl wing, it looks awesome!!!

What a difference, well worth driving 558 miles.

See you at Carlisle, lets meet with Ed before driving in?

Lauri

DG Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be there as well...cruisin' in from Indiana - due to my schedule, this will take the place of going to Mopar Natls this year, so I am really looking forward to it!

Dave

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
seeya.gif
I'll be there
supergrin.gif
no viper of course though..unless I win the one woodhouse is giving away

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan & Lauri, I will of course be there. You guys could meet up at my house, I am only about 8 miles away from I-81 which you will both probably take to get there.

See everyone there, should be fun. Especially since for once an event is close to my house.

Ed

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I think there will be a couple coming up from MD/VA region (haven't gotten around to calling Ron yet) but maybe we can all meet up along the way. We all have to come up I83 anyway right? Just a thought.

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saturday is the big day. If you register for the Fun Field (Show Field non-judged, $45, enter via Gate 3), you'll park with the Vipers. Last year we had almost 20 cars, I would expect at least 30 this year. Mike Shveda and the Pa-WV region are arranging a hospitality tent right on the show field, and our Va-Md region will be co-sponsoring it. The tent is an excellent base of operations for your day at the show. We expect 10-20 people from our region to attend. Mark Cooper is organizing a convoy from the Gainesville area (heading out I-66 and up I-81) early Saturday morning; there may be another from the Maryland area. Check our regional website here for last-minute details.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I'm planning to head up via Baybridge - unknown (could be DC or I97) - Balt Beltway (I695?) then I83. If anyone is heading this way drop me an email and we'll set up a meeting place. I'm thinking Annapolis/Bowie, Cockysville, and York would be prime gathering spots. I'm up for suggestions so drop me an email PM if you're intrested on going en masse...

OP
OP
D

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How come no one corrected my spelling?? Lauri-I just sent Ed an email. I'll meet you guys at his place Sat at 9am. I may rollback my car (If I race it I want a way back if it breaks!)

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dansauto--there is only 1/8 mile dragging of-site at the Carlisle event. And, I think that is only saturday night. Just hnag out, relax and enjoy.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Okay me, Zoomie and Acellr8 are planning to group together VERY early Saturday (13th) morning. Just in case anyone is interested here is the plan -

I plan on being at the McDonalds on Route 50 (Annapolis) at around 530am (cuz I will be in desperate need of caffine) and be on the road by 6.

Me and Zoomie will be at the park&ride in Cockeyville until 730am.

We plan on meeting up with Acellr8 in Harrisburg around 9am. Lauri and Dansauto look to meet with us there.

If you are interested in convoying with us PLEASE email, pm, or call me or Ron Hickey so that we can expect you. If you don't call we can't wait up. Hope to see many new faces...

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Oh almost forgot, Chester (the MD/VA Region Webmaster) has very graciously supplyed a map of the travel route found here. This is Fridays Schedule but gives great directions on meeting places.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK

ED and Dan, I'll be 9 at Ed's house.

I will be driving from Lancaster/York area, anobody who want to caravan to Harrisburg???????

Lauri

tmcalist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What time does this start? I will be in Philly this weekend and would love to meet some of my northern Viper brothers and sisters. I'm towing my Viper up from Fla. so I will have the car.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
tmcalist - The event goes on all weekend. It'd probably be best to appear Sat afternoon if you want to meet the most people.

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
tmcalist --

There will be a VCA hopitality tent on Staturday on the show field. We've been posting a lot of details on the Va-Md VCA web site. There is a link there to the Carlisle Productions web site.

See you there!

Bad02ViperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Please post where everybody is going to meet for sure in the Baltimore area so we can all meet up Saturday morning. I read what Bonkers wrote but unclear of where they are meeting. Thanks

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Me and Mark are meeting up at the Park & Ride in Cockeysville around 7am. We are planning to follow the same route as Friday's convoy (as listed on the MD/VC Website) only we're planning it for early morning. We plan on slowing down to collect Lauri in York as well. If you have any questions or plan to attend please drop me an email so we know to look for you.

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Bonkers and I are planning on meeting Saturday morning at the park-n-ride at I-83 and exit 31 in Cockeysville at 7am til 7:30. Steve Kaas indicated he wanted to join in also, either there or at the Pa line first exit, rt 851. Then Lauri at York, Pa ( Bonk - where? Emigsville exit or ?) and then on to Harrisburg and Ed/Acellr8 and dansauto at around 9am.
410-965-1671 - work 410-581-7916 - home 443-562-8727 - cell
[email protected]

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Zoomie (Lauri too of course) I think we should aim for the Leaders Heights Road McDonalds (exit 4 I think) as per Chester's map. I really like the idea of using this map because if anyone wakes up Saturday morning and suddenly decides to join us they can just click there for maps and directions (and more importantly pictures). If you use MSs timescales (which I know are conservative) that puts us around York at 8ish and Harrisburg well before 9. I would like to leave Parole/Annapolis around 6 (630 at the latest) and center our entire schedule around a 730 Cockeysville departure.

If there are problems with this please post it here so we can all see. Otherwise I just heard from Viperzilla/LeesGTS who said they'd also like to join up.

We might not form a huge pack but I'm sure we'll get a lot of rubbernecking.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool sounds like fun! My little hick town won't know what hit them with all the Vipers in town.

Don't let Lauri lead, He will have his radar detecter on and the music up to loud to hear it and you might get popped like we both did last Friday on our way up to State College for a little sunny day drive.
J/K actually it was probably more my fault for being in to much of a hurry and I was the lead car.

Then to top it off we decided to show off in front of ******* and burn a little a rubber totally unaware of the cop at the light to our right. Luckily no second ticket.

YEE HAW Come on Saturday.

OP
OP
D

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Laurie-post of photo of your car!! Let everyone see how good it looks!! It's the cleanest 93 out there! (of course the wing doesn't hurt) yes,and don't lead you wild man I don't want to lose my license.

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Bonkers and all,

ok.. to summarize :

you're leaving Rt 50/McD's/Annapolis at 6:00 am + .

I meet you at Cockeysville, which is I-83 Md exit 31 (#2) on Chester's map. between 7am and leave at 7:30 am. Steve Kaas ?
Bad97 ? LeeGTS/Viperzilla ? etc.

We meet Lauri at around 8ish at York, Pa, which is
I-83 Pa exit 4 (#3 ) on the map.

We meet Ed/Acellr8 and dansauto Harrisburg around 9.
( Ed, directions ?)

on to Carlisle.....

410-965-1671 -work; 410-581-7916 -home;
443-562-8727 - car cell
[email protected]

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Up until the "Ed's Directions" part you've got it.

I don't think Ed has given out directions yet (at least not to me) so from there it's still up for grabs.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those meeting with Lauri, he knows how to get to my house, so he can get you there. Just make sure he does not get you into any trouble.
laugh.gif

Also just confirmed another Viper meeting at my house, Ryan (2002 sweet Yellow / Black stripes GTS). Also Paul with the Lingelfelter 540 CID Viper might make it as well. If not he will be at the show.
For anyone that might need directions, here they are from 83 North and I 81 South.
Take 83 North until you run into I 81 South, get on 81 South, about 2 or 3 miles will see 322 West towards State College, take 322 West. Go about 7 or 8 miles get off at the Dauphin Boro / Stony Creek exit, make second right off exit (landmark pizza shop on left). Go to stop sign and make another right, go to first left and make left onto Stony Creek Rd.
RESET TRIP ODOMETER: go 3.3 miles into Valley. Make a Rt onto Stny Mtn Way, I am the first House on the right look for the Vipers.
Also I will provide some donuts / bagels and coffee to grub on, while we wait on everyone.

See everyone Saturday.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ed and Dan..... Catch me if you can!
I have the fastest red buddy in the Amish land! (and a ticket to prove it! Hah, Haa!!!!)
How was I supposed to know that cops are out in force on 4th of July weekend????

My security manager told me to take it easy while driving the Viper.(he is a local constable) I told him that I'll buy him a Ruger Vaguero 44 Mag and he can only clean it....

Bonkers, I will meet you Saturday morning 8 in York. Please call me at (570)604-1974 Its my cellular, so you can reach me even while driving. I have never been in York, so do you have a idea where to meet?

Sorry Dan, no pictures, I have no idea how to post anything on this board. Tony e-mailed me instructions, but I did not understand anything.... Maybe because I type with two fingers?

Lauri

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Lauri,

We're meeting at the McDonalds on Leader Heights Road. Its basically the first intersection south of York on I83. If you can get to York and get to I83 You'll have no problems as the restaurant sits in plain view on the highway. I'll have my cell phone up and charged so you, or anyone else, can reach me that way.

The number is 302/745/7797 but please don't call until after four tonight.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960